6. until we say goodbye on our (my) dying way

Svartalfheim

"NOOO!!!!!!" Thor felt as if the world suddenly stopped turning and his throat was ripped apart from the bloody scream. Yet the only thing mattered was the God of Mischief. Shock and chills ran through Thor's bones as he watched Loki fell to the ground, clenching on his stomach where blood kept gushing out of the nasty wound. That... that was his little brother, his little Loki whom he swore to protect with his life until his last breath. What kind of brother was he that he let this happen, not to mention he, himself, was the reason why. Loki got stabbed because of Thor. Because he saved Thor's life without caring about his own.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

Thor stopped when he felt a small hand grabbing his wrist. A soft, warm smile played across his face "Loki, you will be alright" He looked back down to meet those mixture of green and blue orbs looking up at him from the bed sheets. Young Loki always had trouble sleeping alone. He always sneaked in either Thor's or Odin and Frigga's room at night until the king of Asgard determined Loki needed to learn to spend nights, in the dark, all by himself. How could he grow up to be a strong leader, if something as little as the absence of light scared him!

The big brother slightly sighed when he saw the same old look on his little brother's face. Loki looked like a lost puppy who didn't want to be left alone. Good thing Thor knew just how to make it better "Here" He reached his hand behind his back, fumbling around a little before the crimson cape fell down his back. Thor picked it up and towards his little Loki. He then tugged Loki in, covering the little one with his cloak "As long as you have my cape, no harm will come to you" "Promise?" Loki asked in a small voice, his face peaked out of the cape and his tiny hands already clenched tightly to the hem of the fabric "Promise" Thor reassured with a smile on his face. It was until now that Loki smiled back. The big brother patted his brother's head before he stood up from the bed. This time, without a hand holding him back. Loki didn't protest when Thor shut the door behind as he left the room, leaving Loki in darkness. The future God of Mischief was, in fact, calm under his very own personal blanket; his brother's cape.

Because having a piece of Thor's belongings with him was enough to make Loki feel protected, and if he ever get scared, Thor's scent would ensure him he wasn't alone and there was nothing to be afraid of. No harm could come to him.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

Everything felt like one big blurry picture. The shock, when he saw the sharp blade pierced through Loki's body, rendered Thor in completely numbness his brain couldn't even function anything anymore. He couldn't tell what happened next, wouldn't remember how the monster who hurt Loki - Kurse - disappeared into a wormhole when Loki used his last strength to throw that thing towards the vile creature. The next thing Thor knew, their enemies were all dead. Leaving him, Loki and Jane Foster being the only three souls alive - one wouldn't be for much longer though.

Wasn't it funny? The way memory worked. The things people forgot, and the things they could never get out of their heads. Because Thor wouldn't remember running toward Loki and crashing down on his knees next to the dying God. But he sure could never forget the moment when he pulled Loki up on his lap, pressing his hand to Loki's cheek. Thor could never forget the look in Loki's eyes when he looked up at him. There was fear in his green orbs, but all that suddenly gone when their eyes met for Loki knew he wasn't dying alone. His brother was right here. And in that moment, Loki was finally... calm. Thor, on the contrary, was the one going into shock and having a panic attack. He was watching his brother drawing his last breath. More and more of Loki's life was slipping away from his body and Thor's hands were tied. His brother was dying in his arms, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Nothing.