26. when i run out of road you bring me home

Loki meets chubby Thor! Because we all needed this and since the Russos didn't deliver it to us, I delivered it to us instead! Enjoy xx

Loki realized he probably should not have stayed dead that long when he saw how his five-year absence effected his brother. In Loki's opinion Thor had a very... unique way of mourning.

///

No. Loki thought. No. Just no. He turned around and was already walking out the door when Thor's cry stopped him in his tracks.

"You're leaving?! You'll be gone again. You - I - I just got you back, but now you're leaving again and I'll have to live this miserable life alone. I thought we were gonna fight side by side...."

Thor rambled some more things, but it faded into the background for Loki stopped listening. If anything the God of Mischief was embarrassed. Thor smelt like garbage. He was drunk beyond limits and all these weight he'd gained during Loki's absence would only effect his health in the long run, and damn it! Loki closed his eyes, wishing he could run into the wall and crack his own skull. He didn't spend five years being dead for.... for this!

"Shhhh!" Loki spun around, crossing the room to Thor in quick steps, "shhhh! You're embarrassing me. People are watching. Stop crying. Hey! Knock it off. I said knock it off. Shhhh!"

Thor cried harder. Ugly sobbing. The rest of the Avengers, who survived the Endgame, were there and the louder Thor cried, the harder it got for them to pretend they weren't looking.

It was a time-heist-gone-right. Rocket went back to 2018, kidnapped Loki from the Statesman, from the very edge of death, and brought him back to Thor because Thor was.... totally fucked up without the baby brother that the team needed to get him his baby brother unless they wished to go insane by Thor's whining and Thor's drinking habit and Thor's smell after going months without a bath. That's why Loki needed to come back.

Loki turned to the team, summoning a smile he hoped wasn't awkward. "Nothing to see here," he said in a polite tone, keeping that pretty smile on - it disappeared in a heartbeat the second he turned to face Thor again. Loki looked his brother up and down again like the first time he saw him, after Rocket brought him here, and he was still having a hard time believing this was the Almighty Thor he was so jealous of his entire life.

"He mourned you. That's what happened." Bruce had said an hour ago when Loki saw Thor for the first time and lashed out at any unlucky Avenger nearby, trying to get the answer of what happened to his brother. Nothing happened to Thor - or if there was anything happened to him it was Loki. "I made him like this?" A half-mad Loki had asked and everybody nodded. Damn it, Loki thought. He meant to stab the hell out of everyone who fucked his brother up, but he wasn't going to stab himself. So this was the oaf's way of mourning him. Loki wasn't sure if he should be honored.

Loki sighed. Thor still hadn't calmed down, and Loki was clueless. He didn't know what to do. The Trickster had dealt with a lot of things, a crybaby who was his brother wasn't one of them. Norns, if this wasn't the most uncomfortable situation. Never once had Loki thought he would be the more functional sibling in any situation, but oh well. He hesitantly reaches his hand out and placed it on Thor's shoulder, patting it awkwardly. "There there. I'm here. I'm not dead, see?"

"You - you were!" Thor choked on his sobs, "you were for five years. Five years. You'd never been dead that long!"

I don't think I'll ever be dead that long again, seeing what it did to you, Loki thought, winching when Thor blew his nose loudly, grossly. "Well, I'm here now." Loki tried to soothe, kneeling down so he was eye level with his brother who sat on the couch, weeping.