17. I wanna drink until I ache. I wanna make a big mistake

What could be more mischievous than a drunk God of Mischief? Come on, it'd be fun.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

There was a party. There always was a party in the Avengers compound because the property owner, Stark, could and because Stark wanted everyone to know there was no better party anyone else could provide than his money could. Mission gone right? Party. Thor shaved? Party. Got bored and had nothing to do? Party. The Spider Child passed his math test? Party (even though the Spider Child always got A+ every time and wasn't allowed to consume alcohol. Someone else consumed it for him instead. The Spider Child always made a fuss about this 'but it's my party, mister Stark' anyway, that was another story) Everything meant party and drinking when it came to Tony Stark. And when Tony threw a party, he made sure everyone participated. Every single one.

Norns, he reminds me of the Grandmaster. Loki thought, watching from afar as the Man of Iron drained the liquor and laughed away with Thor, Steve, Bucky, Sam and Rhodey. They were all intoxicated. Loki never understood the concept of getting wasted. Why'd one purposefully consume these disgusting-taste substance to their own body knowing the only thing it did was take away conscience and the ability to think straight.

What a fool. Loki rolled his eyes, having seen Thor acting like a total idiot too many times while the big oaf was drunk. Loki never wanted to be here. He wanted to be back in his room, alone with the company of his books. He resented the noises, the loud music, the chattering and the smell of alcohol. It just wasn't him! Maybe if I go and stab Tony, it'd make the party over? Loki pressed his thumb to his lips, deep in thought. What's the party about again, this time? Steve finally said fuck. Right.

"Are you always thinking so much?" Loki almost flinched when Bruce sneaked up on him. Well, not particularly sneaked up on him because doctor Banner had always been here behind the bar where Loki sat with only a glass of water. Loki just didn't expect someone to talk to him.

"That obvious?" The God of Mischief responded, bringing the glass to his mouth. Even his voice sounded so tense and serious it was almost pathetic. Come on, it's party!

"Jeez, Loki, you need to lose it up a bit." Bruce did sound sorry for him. He really did.

"If by lose it up you mean getting drunk then no thanks. What's the point of you people intentionally getting yourself drunk? Just so you could publicly humiliate yourself? I'd say that's a little bit stupid and pathetic, don't you think?"

"Not everyone publicly  humiliates themselves when they're drunk."

"Still don't see the point." Loki shrugged.

"Well, the point is it numbs away your problems. Some people drink to forget. Some drink to feel.... lighter. Happier. You know we all want to just let it go sometimes."

Bruce's words made something twist inside Loki. Numb away the problems, forget, feel happier. If these weren't just exactly what Loki would die for just to catch a glimpse of it. Then Loki's eyes shifted to the various bottles behind Bruce's back. The look in his eyes, he suddenly looked like a cat looking at a Christmas tree on Christmas morning.

~~~

An hour later.

"And then he said 'blergh, it's me!' And he stabbed me!" The group laughed at Thor's story even though it was told for the hundredth time already. At this point, considering how drunk they were, Thor could bring up the saddest tragedy in history and they'd probably still laugh at it. Thor laughed, too. Because getting stabbed by his greasy little brother somehow was a laughing matter to him by now.