The Moment: Chapter Four

"Hey guys. Why aren't you at school?"

Sophie turned around to find a familiar face. Her long black hair and fancy dresses always reminded her of a doll. Sophie turned to Fitz, trying to figure out an explanation. She was about to say something, when Fitz jumped in.

"Oh, um, I fell at school, and Elwin wasn't there to help so Sophie light-leaped with me here." Fitz said, slowly lying down against the trunk of the tree.

"Oh, well are you okay?" Della asked, her brows scrunching as Fitz closed his eyes and nodded. "Okay. Well I'll leave you two alone. Sophie, if and when you guys are ready to go, just come in and let me know."

"Okay, I will." Sophie replied. As Della nodded, Sophie turned to Fitz. He was lying there so peacefully that Sophie didn't realize she was starting to stare at him.

Many minutes passed before she heard something.

Is my mom gone? Sorry for scaring you. Sophie knew that she should be used to this, but it did sometimes startle her. 

Yeah. Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so good Fitz. She sat down beside Fitz, and touched his forehead.

I'm sure. I just have a small headache. Fitz slowly opened his eyes and reached for Sophie's hand. She took it, and their fingers slowly intertwined. "How long have we been gone?" Fitz asked.

"Long enough for us to get worried."