The Moment: Chapter Nineteen

"Biana." Sophie whispered. She walked away from the window, and turned towards all her friends. "We need to go out there."

"No, Miss Foster. None of you-" 

"She's right." Surprisingly, it was Grady who said that. "Our friends are in danger out there, and we need to help them."

"But she's my charge. I need to protect her." Sandor argued. He tried grabbing Sophie's arm, but Fitz got her, wrapping her in a hug.

"Sooo, when did you two become a thing?" Tam said, smirking as Keefe grumbled something about Sophitz.

"Now is definitely not the time for that," Fitz replied, letting go of Sophie and taking her hand. "We all have to play a role in this, or they will all get captured." He argued, pointing to the window outside. Sophie saw Della appear in front of the window, her eyes wild.

"You have to come out here. They got Biana."

                                                                                     ***

Fitz was the first to go outside, and the last was Sandor. Sophie followed behing Fitz, scanning the area for the Neverseen. Nothing.

"Over there!" Lihn shouted, pointing to two figures.

"Dad?!" Fitz ran up to Alden and Biana, and covered his face. 

"Fitz, what's the-" And then she saw it. Biana had burns all on her left leg and arm, and some cuts on her face.

Fitz got up and walked over to a tree. Sophie looked at him, but decided to give him a few moments of peace.

"I can help," Lihn offered. She walked over and sat down by Alden. "When Wylie got attacked by the Neverseen, I cooled him down with a water blanket." She waved her hands around, and wrapped Biana in cool water. Sophie didn't know if she was imagining it, but she could've sworn she saw Biana smile.