The Moment: Chapter Twenty Six

A/N

I haven't done a chapter like this, but I thought I'd give it a try. Since I am ending this story, I thought, "Why not make it in both Sophie's and Fitz's perspectives?!" So, I hope you enjoy the last chapter to this story! (Also, I will be continuing it in new story)

*Fitz's perspective*

Sophie looked so beautiful. It was getting darker by the minute, but I could still see the golden twinkle in her eyes.

"So Fitz, wanna play a game?" Her voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh, yeah, sure." I laid down next to her, because sitting down was too uncomfortable.

"Okay. Let's see how many constellations we can name." Sophie said. I looked at her, and nodded. She was determined to win.

"Scorpius." She said, starting the game.

"Cygnus."

"Ursa major." 

"Ursa minor."

"Orion."

"Cassiopeia."

And so we went, battling to see who can name more constellations.

                                                                        ***

*Sophie's perspective*

We were both tied, needing to say one more to win.

"Can you think of any more?" I asked Fitz.

"No. Can you?" I shook my head. "Well then, we both win!" He exclaimed. I looked at him , and smiled. He saw me, and he turned to face me.

"Hey Sophie."

"Yes Fitz?"

"Do you remember that moment under the tree?"

"Y-yes." I blushed, remembering when something almost happened.

"Well, what if we actually did what I intended to do?"

"Well, what is that?" I asked, my heart racing. My face was getting hotter every second.

"Close your eyes and you might find out." Now it felt like my heart was going to burst. I slowly closed my eyes, thinking about anything and everything that was about to happen.

*Fitz's perspective*

Now I can kiss her. Fitz stared at her for a couple seconds, noticing the way she was tensing. He knew that was all going to change. 

"Fitz?"

"Yes?"

"What are you going to do?"

"Something I've been wanting to do ever since the day I met you." She smiled when I didn't continue. I leaned in a little closer. I saw her open her right eye a little, and I smiled my "movie-star" smile. She blushed.

"No peeking." I said in a singsongy voice.

"Fine." I heard her mumble. I stopped and thought about what her reaction was going to be. I shook my head. I looked up, and noticed that the stars were shining brighter than any other night. I smiled. I looked back at Sophie, and leaned in so close that I could smell a hint of cinnamon on her.

*Sophie's perspective*

I could feel him lean closer to me, and my heart skipped a couple beats. I moved my hands, trying to find his. Then, I felt what I was looking for. Our fingers intertwined, and I smiled.

"Sophie, I'm scared." I felt him sit right next to me, and he put his head on my shoulder. I opened my eyes.

"Why?"

"Because, I'm afraid of falling." I smirked. That might've been the most cheesiest line I have ever heard since I came to the Lost Cities, but I still knew what he meant.

"Then I'll catch you." I whispered. He looked up at me, and got up. I got up as well, turning to look at him. I was scared too.

*Fitz's perspective*

Our eyes were locked together, and I slowly placed my hand on her cheek. She gripped my other hand as she broke contact. 

"Fitz, was this the moment your mom was talking about?"

"Yes."

"Well, it's perfect."

I smiled, and let go of her hand. I ran my free hand through her hair, which felt very soft and silky. I leaned in, and kissed her.

*Sophie's perspective*

Time seemed to slow. We stayed like that for about 5 seconds before I pulled back. 

"Wow." He said. He sat down, running his hand through his hair.

"Wow is right." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Sophie, can I ask you a question?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Just don't make it stupid." I answered, laughing a little.

"No question is stupid on a perfect night like this." Well, he did have a point.

"True. Well then, please continue." I should have suspected him to ask this question, but it caught me off guard.

"Okay... Sophie Elizabeth Foster, will you be my girlfriend?" 

He smiled his movie star smile, and I couldn't help but blush.

"Y-YES!" I exclaimed, hugging him in the process. We both fell back, and we busted out laughing together.

*Fitz's perspective*

We laid there for a while, asking each other how we were going to tell everyone. 

"I guess they kind of knew this was going to happen." Sophie said. 

"Yeah, especially Biana." She laughed at that, and then yawned.

"Man, I guess today's adventures' are tiring me out." I chuckled, and Sophie moved closer to me. I yawned too.

"Well, I guess we should go to bed."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea."

Sophie put her head on my chest, and we slowly fell asleep together.

A/N

Yay, You made it to the end! Sorry for two a/n's, but I guess I had to. This chapter took me about 2-3 hours to make, and I feel like I did a fairly good job on it (even though some parts were cheesy lol). I'll start making another story continuing after this soon, but it'll take me some time. Until then, I hope you have a wonderful day! Baiiiii!!!