The Moment: Chapter Fourteen

Sophie's heart got all fluttery. She tightened her grip on Fitz, and telepathically told him her plan. Fitz nodded, and Sophie decided to finally tell him her secret. 

Fitz, I like you too. Well, I think it's safe to say that I love you. Fitz smiled, trying to pull Sophie up. 

"Hurry up!" Fintan yelled. 

Give me your other hand. Fitz told Sophie. In order for this to work, she needed Fitz to be enhanced. Sophie brought her other hand near Fitz's. He let go, but quickly grabbed her other hand.

"I got you." He reassured her.

"Pull them up!!!" Fintan screamed. The two figures stared at him for a while before pulling the two up. 

"Now!!" Sophie yelled. Fitz swung Sophie towards the figures, knocking one to the ground. The other shielded herself and Fintan. 

"She's a psionipath." Sophie said, climbing up the the edge of the cliff. 

"You two never stop." Fintan laughed. "Too bad your foolish actions will get you nowhere."

Sophie took Fitz's hand. He gave her a reassuring nod before she argued, "Are you sure about that?"

It took almost all of Fitz and Sophie's energy to pull this trick off. They imagined the inside of the cliff as a seed, and their mental power grew and grew until...

"NOOO!!! RUN!!!!" The psionipath yelled. The cliff, started to rumble, making it hard for Sophie and Fitz to keep their balance. They managed, until the ground broke into a million pieces. 

They all started to fall. Sophie didn't think to look if Fintan and the other person were still there as she tightened her grip on Fitz's hand. She looked down, closing her eyes. 

Before she knew it, they were in the void.

I know I don't do these, but I'd like to give a shout out to @15_meli_15 for helping me with this chapter. Thanks!!! And I'll continue it soon :)