The Moment: Chapter Twenty Five

Fitz turned, and ran after Sophie. By the time he got to the lake, Sophie had already jumped in.

"Hey Sophie, you do realize your still wearing your dress right?" 

"Yeah. I don't have anything to change into." Sophie replied, walking towards where Fitz was standing. 

"Well, good thing I brought us some swim suits." Fitz pulled out a little bag from his pocket, and opened it. He took out some swim trunks, and laid them on the grass. He then pulled out a red, one piece bathing suit. "Here." Fitz told Sophie, throwing the bathing suit towards her. She caught it. 

"I'll go change behind this tree, and you'll change over there." Sophie said, pointing to a tree that was a couple feet from where they were.

"Okay. Last one to change is a rotten mallowmelt." Fitz shouted, running to his tree. Sophie sprinted to her tree, and started to change. 

                                                                  ***

Sophie was the first to get to the lake. She waited and waited for Fitz, but he never came out. Twenty minutes passed before she felt something grab her leg.

"AAAHHHH!!!!" Sophie managed to scream, before she was pulled underwater. She had her eyes closed for a few seconds before opening them. She found Fitz smiling at her.

Did I scare you?

Uhh, let me think about that.... YES!!! Sophie playfully punched Fitz before coming back to the surface for some air.

"Hahaha, I thought you saw me swimming when you were done." Fitz said, making his way towards Sophie.

"Nope. All I thought was 'I have to beat Fitz.'" 

"Well, I guess I beat you then." Fitz teased. Sophie was about to say something when she noticed the sky was getting a bit darker.

"Hey Fitz, how long have we been gone?" Sophie asked, looking up at the sky.

"Oh, ummm. Well, we left at around 3:30, and sundown is at 6:45, so we've been gone for about 3 hours." Fitz replied.

"Do you think our parents are gonna be worried?" Sophie asked, rushing to get out of the water.

"No. I told my dad telepathically that we were gonna be gone for a while." Fitz said, following Sophie. She nodded, and went behind her tree to change back into her dress. She was glad it had dried.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Sophie questioned him. He seemed to have an answer for everything right now.

"I have no idea. What do you wanna do?"

"Let's look at the stars." Sophie said. She sat down against a tree that smelled like cinnamon. Fitz soon joined right after.