The Moment: Chapter Twenty One

Sophie woke up from her bed, not remembering what had happened. She got up and saw that she wasn't in her room, she was in the guest room she sometimes slept in at Everglen. She turned to her side, finding a red, sparkly stuffed animal.

"Aaaah!!!! Mr. Snuggles?!" Sophie screamed, a little startled when Fitz popped his head up from the side of the bed.

"Sorry for scaring you." Fitz apologized, trying hard not to laugh.

"Eh, it's okay," Sophie replied, getting out of bed. "What happened last night?"

"Well, you fainted right when Sandor pointed to the group of trees we saw the Neverseen at." Fitz explained. He got up from his spot, and sat on a chair near the bed.

"Did you guys go to see why they were investigating there?" Sophie asked, entering the bathroom. She wasn't surprised when she saw an outfit on the counter, with a note from Biana. 

You got this Sophie... Impress him. 

She looked at the note again, and thought if Biana knew. She looked back at the outfit, and found the color that seemed to fit her best: a bright red tunic with dark red swirls along the bottom; a white, long sleeve blouse; black leggings; and small, brown boots. She smiled, and put them on. 

"Well, Tam and Keefe thought it would be best if we waited for you. But if you want to go right now, we can." Fitz said, waiting for Sophie to leave the bathroom. 

"Okay, just give me oooonnneee second. There!" Sophie replied as she opened the bathroom door. She turned to Fitz and saw him flashing his movie-star smile.

"I knew you were going to impress me one of these days." Fitz got up, walking towards Sophie. Her heart started to pick up pace as he grabbed her hand. He got closer. And closer. And closer. So close she could feel his breath on her cheek. His other hand reached for her cheek, and....

"Awww, so adorable!!!"