The Moment: Chapter Thirteen

"She inflicting!" One of the figures shouted. 

Sophie let all her rage boil up, and focused it out to the people in front of her. Fintan laughed.

"Foolish girl. Did you really think I would forget about your talents." 

Sophie had one more plan, but Fintan stalked a little closer to them.

"Follow my orders, or Everglen and Havenfield burn." Fintan called up a ball of Everblaze in his palm. He played around with it, looking at Sophie and Fitz for a reaction.

Jump. Fitz said.

You sure?

Yes. The Black Swan probably already knows whats going on. We have to jump.

Okay, ready?

Ready.

Sophie turned around and intertwined her fingers with Fitz's, and looked back at Fintan. He didn't seem to understand what was going on. Sophie took one step forward, looking down. She took a deep breath in, and jumped.

"NO!!!" Fintan screamed. That's when Sophie felt something stop her. She was hanging in the air, holding on to Fitz's hand.

No!! Let go of me!!" Fitz yelled. He looked down at Sophie, tears in his eyes. 

"Get the boy," Fintan ordered. The two other figures seemed to have caught Fitz right when they jumped. "The girl will somehow escape if we bring her."

"Sophie, if something happens to me-"

"Fitz, nothing will happen to you. I promise." Sophie's eyes were watering as Fitz's grip tightened. She was thinking of a plan, when Fitz said something that caught her off guard.

"Sophie, I love you."