Chapter Thirteen

Wow.... 493 views?!? That is just... CRAZY!!! :D Ahhhhhh Thankyou guys soooo much!! :') I can't even right now....!!!

Emily collected Kate after detention as usual. She waved goodbye to Harry as she climbed into the convertible.

"Well, you two are certainly on talking basis again," Emily remarked as she reversed it of the parking lot.

Kate blushed slightly, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Well," Emily said matter-of-factly, "I for one definitely approve- he is quite a catch!"

"Oh my Gosh, Em, you sound like a grandmother!"

Emily giggled, "I know, right?" She then sighed, her tone of voice becoming more serious, "But if you two get on so well, why did you separate in the first place?"

It was true. They had begun to act like nothing had changed. It couldn't have been me, she thought, Or he never would have looked at me again. Kate gazed out of the window at the scenery passing by. "I don't  know," she replied. But I'm going to find out.

Before long, Emily, Amy, Cathy and Katie were applying their finishing touches of makeup, and studying themselves in the mirror. Emily twirled around in her red dress.

"Do I look okay?" she asked anxiously. Amy rolled her eyes. "Damn girl, you know you look fabulous,"

"Yeah," Cathy cut in, "Luke won't be able to keep his eyes off you."

Emily scoffed, "Oh he'll be able to alright, if Jessica Westwick has anything to say about it."

"Girl, you know what he is like- Everyone does. Luke is pretty smart- you two are perfect. Both on the council, both gorgeous- it works. End of debate," Amy finished. There was no arguing with Amy when she had made up her mind.

"Okay," Emily smiled, reassured.

"Right," Kate said, changing the topic altogether, "Are we ready to go?"

A few minutes later, the girls were all seated in Emily's car. "Have you all left your bags in my room?" Emily asked. Her friends nodded. "Great. Brandon's house? Here we come!"

Wow. Cars were parked as far as the eye could see, starting from the entrance to the housing estate. "I guess we... walk?" Amy suggested.

Music pumped through the house as the four girls entered. Kate was in awe at the size of the crowd- it was a struggle to move into the livingroom without shoving dancing bodies out of the way. She tried to keep up with the other girls, but it was proving difficult. They had promised to stay together, but once they were actually in the building, some had other ideas. "Have you seen Brandon?!" Cathy screamed in Kate's ear, to be heard over 'Heatwave'. Kate shook her head vigorously, "No!" She screamed in response. Cathy motioned that she was going to look for him. So much for staying together. 

The other two had disappeared as well.  Thanks, guys. Kate decided to look for Harry. Ironically, she felt that he was the only one that wouldn't leave her tonight. She was also very anxious to see him again. To watch his beautiful eyes light up when he smiled at her, and run his hand through his thick dark hair.