Chapter Eight: How It Began

-flashback-

-Shimizu household-

"Everyone gather 'round the dinner table.' a tall pink haired boy says as he enters the dining room. A 10 year old Reina and a 4 year old Dia entered the dining room. "What's up, Ao?" the pink haired girl asks, sitting down on a chair. The young woman behind Dia looks over at her other daughter.  "Reina, your brother has some exciting news for us." she smiles. The brown haired girl smiles and raises her arms in excitement. "Exciting, exciting!" she exclaims happily. The pink haired boy smiled and ruffles his youngest sister's hair. "Yes Dia. Very exciting news." he says, raising up a piece of mail with the U.A seal of approval. The middle sister gasped and pointed at the letter.

"Is that letter from U.A, Ao?!" she asks excitedly. The tall boy smirks. "Why yes it is, dear sister." he says before looking over to his mother. "Where's dad? He has to know about this too." he says. The older woman gives the boy a sad smile. "He's actually out patrolling. He won't get back until later." she said. The older Shimizu sibling's green eyes looked down at the dinner table. "Oh, alright. I guess I'll tell him later then." he says, changing his facial expression into a sad smile. The golden eyed Shimizu blinked. "Hey, hey Ao! Open the letter! We wanna know if you got in to the school of your dreams!" she exclaims with a big toothy grin. The pink haired boy's eyes wandered over to his younger sister. Dia followed suit and smiled wider. "Yeah. We wanna know!" she exclaims cutely. The older Shimizu smiles at his younger siblings. The letter in his hands will determine if he had made it into U.A or not. He was not going to let his father's absence ruin his moment. 

Within a matter of seconds, the pink haired boy tore the U.A seal off of the letter. He furthered open the envelope and reached inside to grab the letter. He cleared his throat and stared at his family. "You all ready for this news?" he asks with a smirk. The three other Shimizus nodded their heads. Reina, being the loud mouth she is, spoke first. "Just spit it out already!" she says out of sass. The older boy snickers and ruffles the golden eyed girl's hair. "Alright, alright!" he exclaims, eyes wandering over to the letter. 

'Dear Ao Shimizu.

Hello. This is the Board of U.A's Staff. We have observed your entrance exam results. Even though you've done a fantastic job on your written exam, you did not meet the requirements for the other portion of the exam. You had to make a total of 50 points, while you Ao, only made a total of 43 points. I am sorry, but we cannot accept you into U.A.

Best Regards,

Board of U.A Staff.'

The older Shimizu trembled when he reread that last line in his head. "I...didn't get in..." he whispered. His two older siblings stared at him worriedly. Dia, being the more caring sibling at the time, gets out of her chair and goes over to Ao. "Big brother...It's gonna be okay.." she starts as she began to hug his leg. Out of instinct, the older boy swung an arm out of anger. Reina notices this and runs over to Dia. She pushes her younger sister and gets hit by Ao instead. The blow actually hurt Reina pretty bad. The four year old girl's golden eyes widened. "Rei..." she whispers, crawling over to her sister. The ten year old girl raises her head and smiles softly with a bloody nose.

"I'm fine Dia. What really matters is that you're okay." she chuckles.  The blue haired girl's golden eyes began to water. "Si-" before the younger girl could finish, the older Shimizu grabbed Reina by the back of her shirt. He scowls.

"Are you mocking me?" he asks his younger sister lowly. The middle sibling began to shake. She felt an unfamiliar feeling from her older brother. She got scared and began to tear up. "W-what are you talking about?" she asks. The older sibling squints. "You're mocking me. I don't appreciate being mocked, baby sister." he spat before shoving her, causing the middle child to violently fall down. She quivered in fear as she caught a glimpse of her older brother's face. His face displayed a mix between frustrated and anger. A face that Reina nor Dia has never seen. The pink haired boy then went towards the door. 

"W-where are you going, Ao?" his mother asked. He noticed that there was a slight shake in her voice. He looked down and then back at the door. "Out." he simply said before walking out the door. The ten and four year old girls began to cry. Not once in their lives did Ao lay a hand on them. But on that night, he displayed that action on one of the siblings. The pink haired woman bent down and hugged her two daughters. She shushed them lovingly and rubbed both of their backs in circles.

That was the day that the older Shimizu began to change.

Through the course of the years, The older Shimizu once hero-filled mind was tainted with villainy. He would commit minor crimes with his quirk. But, those minor crimes became more and more big each time he was bailed out of jail. He became more and more devious. He took initiative. So, on his 16th birthday, he packed his things out moved out. The middle sibling, Reina, the one who once admired him, was now afraid of him. Just seeing him in the household made the girl cry. She made sure at all times to protect Dia whenever he would  show up in the house. 

During that time, the pink haired girl made a promise to herself. Even though she was scared, she promised to protect her from the monster that Ao Shimizu became. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew!

Short chapter once again!

You nerds finally get a little backstory about why Reina was scared of her brother. 

Another Character Database Chapter is up next.