ch.19

~Percy~

I saw my hood fall off, and the crowd started to stare into my eyes. For a few minutes I just stood there awkwardly until Khion finally figured it out.

"Don't just stare at him! He'll run away!"
I glared at my twin playfully and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Real mature sis! Real mature."

"Whatever."

"Anyway, this is my sister Khione, goddess of snow, this is Thalia, Zoë, Bianca, and Phoebe. They're the my closest sisters out of the whole hunt. Dare to hurt them, you will face my wrath, not that you can..."

"Oh stop being an overly protective brother Percy!"
Bianca said, I chuckled at her words and ruffled her hair, just to annoy her a tad bit more.

"Where were we? Ah yes, mom? Reyna wants to join the hunt. Can you do the honours?"

Artemis nodded and turned to Reyna.
"Now, repeat after me. I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis."

"I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis."

"I turn my back on the company of men, other than my brother Perseus"

"And accept eternal maidenhood, to join the hunt."

She shimmered silver for a second and she then held an ageless face just like the other hunters. A face which could be over a thousand years old or maybe even a day old.

"Welcome to the hunt sister!" I said, and she nodded happily.

"Who's going to be praetor?"
Someone asked.

"Er..." I searched my mind, then I heard the creepy voices of the fates in my head. Also known as the voices of the fates.

"The new praetors will be Hazel Levesque and Frank Zhang."
They said.

"Really? Because they seem to lack self confidence... One of them hasn't even joined a legion."

"If you hadn't intervened, they would have gone on a quest to prove themselves, but I'm sure that they can prove themselves in the Roman War Games."

"Um, thanks."

"No problem cousin."
Then, their voices left.

I spoke up to answer the big question.

"Why not decide with tonight's war games?"

"Good idea" said the ex-praetor, not questioning why he had the knowledge of the games, when he wasn't part of their camp until recently.

"First and Second cohort defend the fortress, Third, Fourth and Fifth cohort are to breach the fortress." Reyna yelled.

About three fifths of the crowd groaned. I bet that's the third, fourth and fifth cohort...

"Don't worry, you'll get Hannibal as well!" Reyna said enthusiastically.

They groaned some more.

I laughed.
"I'll join as well! On the fifth cohorts side, since that's where Octavian put me."

"If Percy's joining we are too!" Yelled my sisters. Now the first and second cohort looked nervous.

"Do not worry my fellow warriors! They are no threat to us! Victoria shall smile upon us today!!" The one and only! OCTAVIAN!!! Yelled. I had to do a double take to see if that coward was actually speaking. Who's Victoria..? Ooh Nike!! Duh...