ch.22

~Annabeth~

I stared at the giant camp which seemed to go on forever, over the hills, fields and beyond. The others looked around the camp with awe as well.

A girl wearing the usual hunter's attire with a purple cape came forward.

"You must be from Camp Half-Blood. I am Reyna. Daughter of Bellona, minor goddess of battle. I am the ex-praetor of Camp Jupiter."

"I am Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena." She grimaced slightly. I wonder why? I heard that Athena hated the romans but it couldn't be that much, could it?

"I am Conner, and this is my brother Travis. We are the children of Hermes."

"I am Katie Gardner, and my mother is Demeter."

"Clarisse la Rue. Daughter of Ares."

"Pollux Vine, and my father is Dionysus." She looked surprised. I wonder if there are no children of Bacchus here?

"My name's Jake Mason, and this is my half brother, Leo Valdez."

"I'm Will, Will Solace. My father is jolly old sunshine up there."

"I am Nico di Angelo, son of Hades."

"My name's Piper McLean. I'm a daughter of Aphrodite."

"Umm, hi Reyna?" Jason said awkwardly. She just nodded to him.

"And I am the great Peter Johnson, the almighty son of Poseidon!!" She just rolled her eyes and searched the group for any others. She handled Peter easily. Maybe there was a guy similar to Peter.

"Um Reyna, you said that you were used to be a praetor but what happened?" Jason asked.

"Only today did I become the hunter of Artemis, and today we shall have the war games to decide who will be next praetor, since both seats are open."

"Both? Didn't you fill my position?"

"We kept sending search parties so no." Her face turned as hard as stone.

"Reyna? Your face hardened when I told you my heritage. Why?"

"You see, there are no children of Minerva. In Roman mythology, Minerva is strictly a virgin. So the thought of the children of her may come as quite a shock..."

"Oh. I knew that Athena was angry because the Romans took all of her titles as a war goddess and gave it to Mithras and Bellona, no offence, but I didn't think it was that much of a problem. Ha, didn't think, quite ironic coming from a daughter of Athena..."

"None taken, but I apologise before hand if they do offend you in any way. We Romans are very hard headed. It is very difficult for us to accept such things. Now, we must go and introduce you to the senate. Would you like to participate for the war games?"

"We would love to." I answered and followed her until a moving statue with no hands or arms for that fact, appeared.

"No weapons! Do you hear!? No weapons! If you don't! I shall blast them from you with my hands!!!" The statue yelled.

"Who are you? besides, you don't have hands!" Peter just HAD to say.

Suddenly Peter was off his feet, on the ground. The statue yelled,
"I am Terminus!! God of borders and the protector of camp Jupiter. You can come back after LEAVING your weapons and that bent personality of yours! And no hands? Can't you feel this just strangling you!!" We stared at Reyna awkwardly.

"Terminus. They are Percy's guests." She emphasised Percy's name. I wonder why?

"Percy!? Oh that good lad. Always listening to what us minor gods have to say. Now that's who you need to be you stupid brat!" He kept yelling at Peter. That's why she emphasised his name.

"Percy!? Oh good lord, don't say that even the Romans favour him..." Peter grumbled.

Just then a guy who had ghostly white skin and fading blond hair stepped out of the bushes. He wore a purple t-shirt and a...bed sheet?

"Reyna!! You can't possibly be allowing these graceus scum to our holy camp are you!?"

"Shut up Octavian! We are trying to make an ally here. Go ramble to your teddy bear or something. Scream!! Yell!! Maybe finally Apollo's chicken will hear you."

"Ooh!! Burnn!!" Leo, Clarisse and the Stolls yelled.
Reyna chuckled and went over to talk to Terminus for a bit.
He nodded.

"We will allow you to enter camp with your weapons. Everyone BUT Peter Johnson, as I do not trust him."

"What!! This is outrageous!! My father will hear about this!! He'll crush this puny camp with his waves and-"

"OUR puny camp!!??" That guy, Octavian yelled.

Oh my Gods. They sound identical. Identically whiny, stupid and pathetic!! Yay!! Peter might finally have a friend! Aww!! I guess similar people attract each other.

The two continued their immature squabble and we just left them there in the care of Terminus and followed Reyna. We were lead to new Rome, the Tiber river and finally where Percy was staying.

I didn't know what to feel about Percy... Yeah! He's powerful, smart and handsome but you know, he seems slightly girlish after being brought up with nearly sixty of them!! I may or may not have a crush on him at all but I was thinking of joining the hunt but I'll have to wait for a bit just to make sure if I have a crush on him, because I can't join the hunt if I have a crush on THE Huntress's son can I?

We got there and found Percy getting bullied by nearly all of his sisters except Khione, Zoë and Bianca.

"What am I going to do with you." Sighed Artemis. We all bowed to her.

"You do not need to bow to me. You are my son's friends. Only those whom I do not allow need to bow to me." We slowly got up and noticed that Percy untangled himself from the bunch of girls, piggy backing about ten of them, which I did not think was possible, strength wise or balance wise.

A horn blew and all demigods except Jason, Piper and Leo went to the fields of Mars. Listening to Clarisse boast that this entire field was named after her father. Well, his roman counter part anyway.

Edited.