ch.26

~Hannah~

Darkness. That was all I saw. All I remember was my mum screaming at something. Three floating figures.

I sat there, at the bottom of the chasm staring into the darkness. I gradually remembered. My name is Hannah Chique. I am sixteen years old. My father is dead. I have powers.
And I tried to die.

Why am I not dead?
Why am I in this darkness?
Where am I?
Where's my mum?
What's the time?
Why does it smell like flowers?

All these questions swirling around my head, I fell asleep.

I heard a voice. My eyes fluttered open when I heard my mum's voice. I screamed for her name but it seemed like she couldn't hear me. Only I could hear her.

''Lady Gaea.'' Mum? Who's the guy talking to her?

''Why not attack dear grandson. You know that I have declared war.'' She has a grandson!!!!!

''Wouldn't a goddess who declared war attack before talking?'' What? Goddess? What?

''Touché. Now, you must understand why I have declared war. I have only had one demigod daughter in the past. She was the only daughter I ever loved as a true mother. Sure, I had tonnes of children in the past but they were different. they were immortal and prideful. they didn't care for the person who gave life to them. I changed after that. I grew to be more like my Roman counterpart, Terra. Like my name, I spread terror to the world, sending tremors and cracking its surface. Only until I met a certain mortal. He loved the earth. He took care of it and nurtured it. I often watched him as he tended the earth and its plants. Before I knew it I fell in love. A few years later, we had a daughter, my little Hannah. She changed me. She taught me how to love without heartbreak. How to love with kindness. Such brittle things, mortals. You need to be especially careful. I slowly gained back my Greek side, I slowly became mother nature again. Until my immortal husband sent a few Cyclops to kill my daughter, my only hope. My mortal husband was killed trying to save her. My daughter was like a frail flower. She was crushed by the weight of her powers and the mortal's hate. She tried to kill herself. I saved her but she was taken away from me by my blasted great-granddaughters. They said that she will only wake at the hands of the destined son of the sea. Now, Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon, Hera, Hades, Hestia, Artemis, Apollo, Persephone and twin of Khione, champion of Kronos. I believe you are the destined son of the sea. Poseidon is your birth father no matter what you say. Please help her.''

......... I was speechless. So she was saying that she's the Greek goddess of the earth, and I'm her demigod daughter. So that's why I'm in this cave ........

''Of course, I will but why declare war? I know you want revenge but as much as you love your daughter, the gods love their children. this war will have too many casualties. The gods will crumble, just as you nearly did. The gods must learn their lesson to solve their own problems, not to use their children as pawns, yes. But what you are doing is simply wrong. I am as strong as you are, perhaps even stronger than Chaos himself. I will side with my parents for this upcoming war. I will save your daughter, but please call off this war so that the others may not suffer as you did.''
Who IS this guy?? Who can be stronger than Chaos!? If my Greek mythology is straight Chaos is the creator of all!!!!!!

''You're the strongest god? Why have I not heard of this? I do no doubt you but why have not heard of the rumours?'' See? Even mum thinks so.

''That is because I have kept my identity secret. The gods think my power comes from my parents. It certainly does but I am much, much more than they think.'' ............m'kay?

''Ah. Then Perseus Jackson, let me strike a deal. I shall call this war off maybe even apologise to the demigods. Not their parents, if you announce your 'state' to the council and take your place as king. Zeus has reigned in his boastful seat for far too long. half the council love you, and your judgement is not clouded by power. You will be the king.''
What's wrong mum? Why would you suddenly ask for a guy to become king?

''Alright I agree to your terms. Only if you swear to the name of Chaos.'' Why do you need to swear? Can't you trust people nowadays?

''I, Gaea and Terra, the primordial goddess of the earth shall call off this upcoming war by the name of Chaos'' Wow! The chasm moved! Must be quite the oath!

''I, Perseus, God of all shall take my rightful place as king by the name of Chaos.'' Wait. Wha? He's the god of ALL???

''Percy, I will not adopt you but you may call upon me anytime. Let us meet at Olympus soon. Also, I do not hold Hera anymore, it is Lyacon you need to worry about. Good luck Percy and thank you for saving my daughter.'' So he's saving me?

The black chasm I was in slowly opened up and my body grew larger and larger. I finally saw jow I looked like. Wow. I havent canged a bit! I had a knee-length dress which was green at the top and ended with red. A beautiful flower, with the same colour as my dress was now in my hands.

The guy gasped when I opened my eyes. My stupid witchy eyes. A swirling mess of brown green and yellow. My eyes locked onto his though I should say I tried because I couldn't see them through underneath that hat-jacket thing he was wearing.

I took the hat off, and gasped. His eyes were beautiful. They radiated power and kindness, though you could see how selfless he was, they also screamed authority!!! They were a beautiful mixture of sea green, white, gold, silver, yellow, black, icy blue and spring green, rimmed with red. His hair was unruly and looked like it hadn't seen a comb before, though he managed to pull off the just out of bed look. He had tan skin which was similarly coloured to mine since mine was light brown, he stood half a foot taller than me and looked like he was my age. He had a slight feminine look to him but it gave it a good gap to his masculine voice.
That was how I fell in love.

Edited.