Chapter 15: Light-bulb moment

"And every time we get this close it's always pulling us apart."

○○○

Chapter 15: Light-bulb moment

Louis set both his hand on the table, his weight dumped on them as he looked Liam in a blue freezing glare.

"I want in, Liam." Louie repeated, his tone calm, deadly serious.

"No!" Liam refused as he turned to Niall with disapproving eyes, waiting for Niall to back him up.

"We clearly are not gonna make it alone, I mean, you are..." Niall stopped when he noticed the furious look his best friend held.

Liam closed his eyes, and shook his head. "This is not a thing that you could want in, Louie. You don't even understand what we are trying to accomplish!" He nagged.

"I don't need to. Whatever you are trying to acomplish you clearly are not going to succeed alone. Maybe you'd raise your odds if I could have in."

"Why do you want in?"

"That is none of your concern..." Louie grinned. "However I have a few conditions."

Three days ago

Louis awoke peacefully, dazzled by his surroundings. The morning light shone in, hitting the carpeted floors.

He turned in the bed, wrapped by the blank sheets, noticing that it was empty. Louie knew right away it was not his room, by the softness of the matress, the smell of the pillows.

Intoxicated by it, he nuzzled his face into one, taking in a long inhale of the musky scent. A mop of brown curls immediately popped into his head, unconsciously connecting the smell to the person it belonged to.

Harry.

He was disappointed that the boy hadn't let himself stay in bed just a while longer, waiting for Louie to wake up, for some reason. Louis was sure if he was the one to awake first, he stay right there, in the warm, watching Harry sleep.

But by now he could only imagine what Harry sleeping looked like. Because up to this point, he hadn't seen it. Well, except for last night. But Louie was more concerned with reflecting about the situation. He hadn't thought that maybe things could just be simpler if he let himself watch Harry fall asleep.

But that could not be because reality started to set in.

The peck Harry had given, close to his mouth, played countless times on Louie's head making the boy flushed.

Why had he done that? Louie was not one to be stupid. He was not. He was going to keep his head up and understand this situation as it is.

Louis wanted to have sex with another male. And that didn't have to be a big deal. It didn't have to mean that Louie had to go and question his entire personality.

Although it was worth noting that the ramdom hook ups, and even Louis' girlfriend from high school never meant all that much and never left Louie quite as quizzical.

He also didn't know about Harry's feelings and clearly things would be complicated even if Louie didn't have these doubts anyway.

He hopped out of bed before yawning loudly, and stepping out of the room trying to find Harry in the unfamiliar house.

He reached the lobby and soon saw the living room door wide open. And there he was, a sight that almost looked like one of those french movies.

His brown hair cascading down his broad, exposed shoulders. His body naked, only the typical boxers were on, as he crossed his legs, laying back on the chair. A book was on his hand and a steamming mug was on the other.