Chapter 17: It rained all over my day

○○○

Chapter 17:
It rained all over my day

Louis was quiet. Again.

Rain drops hit the car, creating that crackling sound that masked Louis' silence.

Liam still had questions but he sensed Louis was unavaible to answer them as he was worse then before.

He was biting his nails like a mad man, again, and his breathing was uneven. He looked beyond shook, as his eyes opened widely, intensely looking at nothing.

"Liam, why were you robbing that bank?" Louis asked making Liam turn to give him a weird look.

"What? Why do you wanna know that?" Liam felt startled as this was something that was just ignored. One of those subjects that was too touchy or just plain awkward to talk so they just pretended that it wasn't that what connected them in some way. They were all in on it, but pretended not to be.

"What motivated you to do it?" Louie eyes widened way too much, his breathing uneven.

"Louis, what is going on?" Liam asked.

"Nothing. I'm... Everything is fine."

Liam got home feeling tired. The last couple of days had been out of the extraordinaire and he felt the need of going back to his routine, and specially pay Niall a visit, as seen they haven't talked in what felt like years.

He took a hot shower, got dressed and packed a bag to hit the gym, anxious to realise some steam.

His house smelled still of leach from cleaning the mess that party made. What a confusing night that was!

He ate something, got out of the apartment and up to Niall's floor and door, knocking on it.

He waited. No answer was heard. He knocked again. "Niall? Are you there?"

Again, nothing.

Liam grabbed his phone and dialled his best friend's number. At the third ring, he picked up.

"Hey, Liam! I haven't seen you in a week!" Niall said, with a surprised tone.

"Hey, Niall. Where are you?"

"Hum.... not important. Thing is where are you?"

"I'm home. Joh's in five?" Liam asked.

"Hummm.... give me thirty." Niall said, before some voices were heard in the background.

"Niall, where the fuck are you? Are you stalking Eileen again?" Liam took a hand to his hip.

"What? No!" Niall sounded offended. "Look meet you at Joh's in an hour or three."

"An hour or three, but-..." But Niall had already hung up.

Liam rolled his eyes. What the fuck was Niall up to now?