Chapter 2

If he had to choose a favorite color, it would be red. The color of rose petals as they fell to the ground, the sweet, enticing red of a fresh apple, twinkling red lights in the winter, and even the deep red of blood. So it was no surprise that red was the color he'd chosen to dye his hair. It was something he'd never done before, but he lost a bet, and therefore had no choice. Well, he could have said no, but he thought it'd be entertaining. Even more so from the look his friends gave him when he agreed.

Jimin and Taehyung were special, he supposed. Not just from their looks-Jimin being a shorty and Tae being unnecessarily tall-but compared to the others that liked to surround Jungkook, they were different. The two were closer to him than anyone else and he greatly appreciated them. The hair salon was, luckily, a short walk from campus. Jungkook figured they'd be in and then out in a few minutes, but there were quite a few people lounging in the waiting room. They waited a bit before it was his turn to go in, and soon enough he was settled in a chair, foil wrapped around his head.

Of course Taehyung and Jimin took a ton of pictures, laughing at the pout on Jungkook's face. He looked ridiculous, he knew. As he stared at himself in the mirror, he caught sight of someone familiar.

"Yoongi?" he gasped, turning around to stare dumbfounded at the shorter who just so happened to be seated behind him.

They met eyes in the mirror and he turned, eyes wide.

"Jungkook? W-what are you doing here? I thought you didn't dye your hair," he muttered, confused.

It was then that the younger noticed the foil wrapped around Yoongi's head as well. It seemed he was getting his hair dyed too. Jimin cleared his throat to get Jungkook's attention, a slight pout on his face.

"Aren't you gonna introduce us?" he whined, looking offended.

Yoongi's face flushed and he turned away slightly, obviously flustered.

"Oh yeah. Yoongi, these two assholes are my friends Taehyung and Jimin. Guys, this is Yoongi."

The smack on the back of his neck was worth it, seeing as it made Yoongi chuckle. Jimin stepped forward with his hand out, a smile on his face.

"Pleasure meeting you, uhh, hyung?"

The other nodded, shyly shaking hands with Tae and Jimin.

"Wait a minute," Jungkook started, eyebrows furrowing. "How'd you know I didn't like to have my hair dyed?"

Yoongi's face fully flushed and he tensed.

"Ah- well, everyone talks about you. It's hard not to hear at least one thing about you," he explained, his ears turning red.

Taehyung and Jimin took this as an opportunity to find out everything they could about Yoongi. Jungkook felt a little bad for him, although, he was more than happy to hear about the other's likes, dislikes, and personal life. As it turned out, Yoongi had a passion for music, which makes sense, seeing as he was taking a music composition class. He wanted to be a producer and rapper, had a dog named Holly back at home, played piano, liked lamb skewers, liked cute things, his favorite color was white, and so on.

Too soon he was leaving, his hair a pale blue. It looked really good. Then again, Jungkook would've liked any color. Once he was out the door, Jungkook found himself being crowded by Taehyung and Jimin.

"How come you haven't told us about him before?"

"I just met him literally the other day," Jungkook deadpanned.

That was kind of true, he supposed. He hadn't talked to Yoongi before then, so he figured stalking him didn't count. There was a reason he hadn't told them about the elder. For one, talking to your friends about the guy you were in love with and had been stalking for some time definitely wasn't a good idea. The two would probably ask him if he needed to be put into an insane asylum. Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration. Although, they might lock him in the dorm for a few days or send him to therapy. In Jungkook's defense, it was all for love.