Chapter 5

"Tests came in; they didn't find anything. Whoever killed them knew what they were doing," Seokjin sighed, throwing the folder onto Namjoon's desk.

"That makes no sense. The way the stab wounds were inflicted was too rough. They were inconsistent; as if done in the moment. If it were an experienced killer, they would have been more precise and quicker in their administrations," he muttered, chin resting on his hand.

"I just can't believe they would attack two helpless college kids..."

"It's a killer. They're obviously messed up in the head. The question is, what were they doing in an alleyway at night? Don't they know it's not safe? The whole thing just doesn't make sense."

"Maybe someone lead them there," Seokjin pondered, lips sticking out.

Namjoon huffed out a breath. "Either way, we can't let this guy run loose on the streets. Who knows who the next victim will be."

~

"A boyfriend?" Jungkook asked, stunned.

"Yeah. At least I think it's his boyfriend. They seemed pretty close," Jimin explained, leaning over to steal some of his fries.

Jungkook hummed, lost in thought. Yoongi had a boyfriend? They hadn't really talked since Yoongi last stayed over at the younger's, save for the few meetups they've had to work on their project. The elder hadn't ever mentioned a boyfriend during those times, though. Either way, it definitely didn't sit well with him. What if the guy was an asshole? What if he hurt Yoongi? What if-

"Kookie! Stop spacing out! What's gotten into you? You've been so distracted lately," Jimin huffed, giving the younger a glare.

"Ah- sorry... I've just had a lot on my mind..."

Whatever Jimin was about to say was interrupted as Taehyung suddenly appeared, plopping down in the seat next to the shorter male, reaching over to take some of Jungkook's fries, just as Jimin had done.

"If you wanted fries then why didn't you just order some?" Jungkook huffed, annoyed.

"I only wanted some," Taehyung whined, pouting.

"Ugh, here."

Taehyung's eyes lit up as Jungkook slid the carton of fries to him, immediately going for more. The three were currently sat at a fast food joint, supposedly studying. Well, they were, but somehow the topic of Yoongi came up and- now Jungkook is thinking about it again. It was hard to believe the elder had a boyfriend. Not that he was unlikable-Jungkook was proof of that- but he was generally an anti-social person. Most people seemed to take it as him being rude and not wanting to talk to anyone, but Jungkook knew it wasn't that. So how did this guy manage to get close enough to the elder to get him to go out with him?

"Did you know Yoongi-hyung got a boyfriend?" Taehyung suddenly asked, cheeks stuffed, as if he had read Jungkook's mind.

"Oh yeah. I was just telling Jungkookie about it. How did you know?"

"I was there when it happened."

Immediately, Jungkook's head snapped up, eyes wide.

"What?!" Jimin shrieked.

"Yeah. I kind of encouraged hyung," he continued, swelling with pride.

"You convinced hyung to ask someone out?" Jungkook asked slowly, as if he'd heard wrong.

"Oh no. Some guy came up and asked him. I just encouraged him to accept."

"Wait wait wait- did Yoongi-hyung know the guy? There's no way he'd accept from a stranger..."

"Apparently he did."

"What was the guy like?"

"Oh. He seemed pretty timid, but that might have been because I was there."

Jungkook was frozen. Taehyung and Jimin carried on their conversation, as if the younger wasn't even there. He supposed if Yoongi really did like the guy, then he'd support him through it. That all depended on how this boyfriend acted, though. If he was a creep, then Jungkook would flat out tell the elder. If he acted weird in any way, then Jungkook would gladly expose him. No one was allowed to treat Yoongi like shit; Jungkook would make sure of it.

"Hey, we're gonna take off. See ya later, okay?" Jimin suddenly exclaimed, breaking the younger out of his train of thoughts.

"Oh. Yeah, sure," he replied, offering a small wave.

He watched them through the window as they left, still slightly dazed. Once they had turned the block down the street, Jungkook got up. The redhead packed his things and left, turning down the opposite street. As he was turning the corner, he bumped into, who other than: Min Yoongi himself. Junkook, being pretty well built, had accidentally knocked the elder back and immediately reached out to stop him from falling, only to realize there was another guy there, who had caught the elder himself. Jungkook stared at the man, eyes wide, still gripping Yoongi's arm.

"Um, Jungkook?" The elder asked, concern lacing his eyes.

"Ah!" Jungkook started, finally letting go of the other's arm. "Sorry, hyung."

Yoongi smiled. "It's alright."

The redhead stared blankly at the other guy, which Yoongi seemed to notice as he cleared his throat, looking a little uncomfortable.

"Jungkook, um- this is Yeongseo. He's my- my boyfriend," Yoongi stuttered, face turning red.

Jungkook hummed, staring the other down. His brown hair was pushed back, revealing his forehead and he had deep brown eyes. He was about the same height as Jungkook, but not as muscular; he was thin. He looked alright, Jungkook supposed.

"Nice to meet you," the younger finally greeted, faux smile on his face.

Yoongi relaxed a little at that.

"Hello," Yeongseo replied, looking wary.

He turned to Yoongi and gave him a look, causing the elder to frown.

"Sorry, Jungkook. We kind of have somewhere to be... See you Saturday," he explained, looking apologetic.

Jungkook watched the two walk away, eyes trained on Yeongseo. What was that- that look he gave Yoongi? Was he trying to intimidate him? Is he using Yoongi? Jungkook grit his teeth and walked away, suddenly angry. If anything happened to Yoongi, Yeongseo would be sure to pay.

'I'll protect you, hyung,' he thought, hands curling into fists.

It was on his way home when he saw the cops. There were two of them hanging around the corner, one leaning against the police car. Jungkook wasn't too worried; he'd been very careful. Although, if he were to do anything now, it would probably be pretty difficult. At that, he felt a little nervous. Was he really thinking that? Would he really do something like that again? But if it's for Yoongi, then he would do anything. 'I'll just have to be extra careful,' he thought as he passed, eyeing the men standing at the side of the road, talking amongst themselves as they watched people walk by. He met eyes with one of them and immediately looked away, not noticing the way the man's eyes lingered on him.

~

"Namjoon? What is it?" Seokjin asked, eyeing the other next to him.

"Nothing. Just watching people walk by..." he explained, eyebrows furrowed.

Seokjin hummed and turned forward, frowning. "We'll catch him."