Chapter 4

"Ugh I cannot believe him."

"I know, right? How could he just leave you there, when he saw you were crying. What an ass."

The brunette huffed, her arms crossed. The two were currently stood outside the performing arts building, cigarettes in hand.

"You know it's against the rules to smoke out here, right?" A voice commented, startling the girls.

"Jungkook-ah!"

The redhead stopped just before the two, a frown on his face.

"I- I'm so sorry about today I-"

Jungkook shook his head, causing her to pause.

"It's alright. Actually, I agree with you. He is pretty pathetic. Cried all the way home. Hey uh, wanna get some drinks?"

The girls shared a look of surprise, then nodded, putting out their cigarettes and dragging Jungkook away. They stopped at some bar off campus and immediately ordered drinks. Jungkook sipped at his drink, making light conversation. He kept buying the girls drinks, intent on getting them drunk. It didn't take long.

Soon enough the three were hobbling down the sidewalk, arms linked. Jungkook hummed and stopped, the girls pausing beside him.

"What is it?" One of them slurred.

"There's a shortcut through here. Follow me," he replied, offering a smile.

They followed him into a dark alleyway, grasping his arm tightly.

"Are you sure this is a shortcut? It's really creepy here..."

"Don't worry. I'll protect you."

The girls giggled. Jungkook walked them farther, the lights from the street impossible to be seen from this far in. It was almost pitch black. The redhead stopped, humming to himself. He looked around, the two girls giving him a confused look.

"What's-"

Whatever she was going to say was cut off as a knife plunged deep into her chest. She gasped, a silent scream ripped out of her. The other girl that had been clinging to him fell to the ground, eyes wide. Jungkook froze.

He stared with wide eyes at the blood that quickly began to soak the front of her shirt, pooling thickly on the ground. His eyes followed the drops, mesmerized. The girl on the ground choked out a sob. Jungkook gripped the handle of the knife and pulled it out, the latter falling to the ground, hand on her chest. Humming, Jungkook stepped over to the other girl, holding the knife out.

Her scream was muffled as the knife sunk into her flesh, a hand held tightly over her mouth, keeping any noises from spilling out. A strange surge of satisfaction flooded Jungkook as he continued the motion, blood splattering everywhere. Her body fell limp, unmoving. The redhead turned to the other girl, who was frozen on the ground, sobbing. He grinned.

~

The next morning, Jungkook was surprised to find Yoongi still asleep in his bed. He must have been more tired than he thought. The redhead turned the television on, switching to the news channel, before turning to the kitchen to prepare a pot of coffee. From what he gathered, Yoongi would appreciate a fresh cup once he awoke.

Jungkook eyed the television, frown on his face.

"The bodies of two girls were found in the alleyway outside of the local supermarket. The police have been unable to locate the murder weapon or the prosecutor, but have begun a thorough search of the area. The two young women were covered with stab wounds; brutally attacked-" The sound of shuffling from his bedroom caught his attention, and Jungkook switched off the tv.

Yoongi stepped into the living room, rubbing his eyes sleepily. The shirt he had on was too big and hung over his shoulder, collarbones exposed. It all seemed so domestic as Jungkook handed him a mug of coffee. They were almost like a couple, he thought. Yoongi bit his lip as he took the cup, looking anywhere but at Jungkook. Before he could ask what was wrong, Yoongi spoke:

"Um- sorry about the other day... I mean- you didn't-um- you didn't have to do that. It probably affected your reputation and I don't know it just probably wasn't really necessary. Ah- don't get me wrong- I'm thankful for what you did, but-"

His rambling was cut off as Jungkook pulled him in for a hug, arms wrapping around his waist.

"Don't apologize, Yoongi. You didn't deserve that. You did nothing wrong. You're more important to me than some shitty college preps."

Yoongi froze in his arms. A quiet sob escaped him, and Jungkook could feel a wetness against his shirt. He tightened his grip on the elder. They stayed like that for a while, or, at least until Yoongi had calmed down. The elder said nothing as he took his seat on the couch, mug between his hands. He curled in on himself some, which looked especially adorable.

Meanwhile, Jungkook headed to the kitchen, intent on making them some breakfast. He set out all of the ingredients he would need on the counter and turned on the stove, letting it heat up while he went to grab a pan. The redhead quietly mumbled the words to a song he'd heard on the radio as he prepared the meal, skillfully cracking an egg onto the pan. Well, as skillful as one could get with egg cracking.

It seems the smell has allured Yoongi, as he poked his head into the kitchen. He hummed, offering Jungkook a smile as he stepped in, trying to peer over his shoulder to see what he was making.

"You're making breakfast?"

Jungkook grinned. "Yep. Figured you'd be hungry so I thought I'd whip us up something."

"Smells good," the elder replied, a soft look on his face.

Jungkook's heart fluttered and he nodded, a giddy smile on his face.

It was quiet as they scarfed down their food. Jungkook had to admit: he really could cook. He didn't even know where he'd learned, but he didn't really care all that much. He was just glad it tasted good.

"Oh my god this is amazing," Yoongi all but moaned, cheeks stuffed.

No, Jungkook definitely did not imagine it was his dick in the elder's mouth. Definitely not. They finished breakfast quickly, and Jungkook stood stunned as Yoongi casually took their plates into the kitchen. He followed and his jaw dropped when he saw the elder washing the dishes.

"Hey wait-"

"Shush. It's the least I can do for you. This is nothing compared to what you did for me," he interrupted, giving the younger a look.

Jungkook huffed.

"You might as well take this time to shower."

A laugh escaped him and he headed back to his bedroom, surprised to find his bed made. Warmth spread across his cheeks and he smiled. It was all way too domestic. Way way too domestic. He wanted nothing more than to wake up with Yoongi and make him breakfast and shower him with kisses.

Once out of the shower, he went back to his room, only to pause when he saw Yoongi lounged on his bed. The elder looked up and his face flushed.

"O-oh sorry," he squeaked, looking away.

Jungkook chuckled and went over to his closet, pretending not to notice Yoongi peeking at his half-naked body.

"Uh, hyung? Aren't you going to shower?"

Yoongi's eyes widened and he jumped up, face red. He nodded and hurriedly went into the bathroom, door slamming behind him.

"S-sorry!" He squeaked from behind it, causing Jungkook to laugh.

The redhead pulled out a white shirt and jeans, changing quickly. He hung the towel on the door handle of the bathroom and went back into the living room.

When Yoongi had finished with his shower, he came out to the living room, clearing his throat to catch the redhead's attention. He nearly choked on his spit. Yoongi was wearing his clothes. A white t-shirt clung loosely to his body and he had on loose jeans.

"Um. I don't really have any other clothes here. I hope this is okay?" He asked, playing with the hem of the shirt.

Jungkook nodded dumbly, jaw dropped. Yoongi grinned.

'He's going to be the death of me.'