Chapter 15

~Bit of a trigger warning here: violence and uhh murder also implied child abuse so o3o~

With class over, and their song turned in, Jungkook had felt as though a small weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Although, it was a very small, miniscule weight. Well, at least he didn't have to worry about it anymore. He decided to wait in the hall while Yoongi gathered his things; the professor didn't take kindly to people waiting around to chat. When Yoongi finally stepped out of the classroom, Jungkook turned to begin the walk home, but paused when he realized the shorter wasn't following.

"Yoongi?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

The elder remained in place, eyes downcast and gnawing on his bottom lip. Ah, Jungkook had an idea as to what was wrong. However, before he could speak, Yoongi beat him to it.

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook was taken aback. "What?"

"You've... You've been acting weird lately," the elder continued, finally meeting Jungkook's gaze. "Is something wrong?"

"I- what? No. What makes you think that?"

Yoongi turned away. "I don't know... Just- nevermind. Forget it. You'll tell me if something's wrong, right?"

Jungkook felt his heart sink. "Of course..."

Yoongi didn't know, did he? Needless to say, Jungkook had to get it together. If Yoongi was suspecting something...

"Um," the redhead began, clearing his throat. "You wanna get something to eat?"

"...sure."

~

"So... It really was Jungkook?"

Namjoon bit his bottom lip, nodding. Seokjin remained still, eyes wide and brows furrowed. It was difficult to believe, yet...

"What about Yoongi?"

"I don't know... He-he really likes him..."

"Namjoon. We can't just let this happen. Jungkook- he's dangerous. And what you're doing would get you into serious trouble were anyone else to find out."

The younger sighed, burying his face in his hands. He knew... He knew and yet- god, he was in so much trouble. He lifted his head and glared at the bag on his desk, as if doing that would solve all of his problems. But Jungkook... He was a good kid. Namjoon knew. He knew he was. Looking at the file, it was hard not to sympathize for the kid. He was screwed up, for sure, yet, it had been through no fault of his own. The toxic household he'd been forced to live in...

"I know you think that. I know what he did was horrible. But he- his past was... Hyung, he's messed up. Mentally. You can't blame the child for the parents' fault."

Seokjin frowned. "What are you talking about? You can't just dismiss murder! That's just-"

"I'm not trying to. I just think he needs help."

"So, what? You want me to keep quiet about all this? You want me to play along?"

"I know it sounds bad, but please. Just bare with me. I need you now more than ever..."

A silence hung heavy in the air, suffocating. Namjoon waited nervously as Seokjin considered his request. It was wrong, for sure, but he knew prison would do nothing but makes things worse. It always had. Besides, he believed Jungkook could be helped. Sure, he was a little psychotic, but he had feelings. Namjoon had seen it, Seokjin had seen it- there was hope, right?