Chapter 12

"What? Murder? I wouldn't stoop to that level!"

"Yet you would sexually assault someone on the street?"

"That's different!"

"Still a crime."

Namjoon's gaze bored into the man, an unimpressed look on his face. The two were currently sat in a small, cold room, entirely bare save for the table and two chairs they were currently occupying. The man was very... open, about his past affairs. He explained them with a smirk on his face, as if they were something to be proud of. It was sickening. All of these criminals he'd had to deal with were like this; in their own twisted little world.

"You're disgusting," he spat, standing up, chair screeching horribly against the concrete floor.

The brunette grunted to the officer standing outside the door, nodding at him to let him know he was finished. Still nothing. This man had zero ties to any of the murders. Not that he really suspected that, anyways. However, it would have been nice. Well, nice in the sense that he wouldn't have to worry about other people being murdered on the streets. Seokjin offered a small smile, one of pity, perhaps. 'No,' Namjoon thought, 'he's your boyfriend. Get your head out of that self-deprecating ass of yours.'

A hug and a chaste kiss on the cheek was enough to calm his nerves, and Namjoon returned the favor by pulling the other into a deep kiss, tasting coffee on the other's tongue. The two pulled away, both slightly out of breath. Seokjin wasn't sure if it was from shock, or the kiss, or both. Probably both. His face burned hot, flustered whilst Namjoon simply smiled at him.

"Did- um," Seokjin cleared his throat, trying to ignore the boil in the pit of his gut. "Did you get anything out of him?"

Namjoon pursed his lips and moved around to sit at his desk, eye brows furrowing. "No. Well, I got a very graphic description of the time he had two women tied up. But aside from that; nothing. He was very against the idea of killing someone, despite enjoying the idea of abuse. God, I don't understand people, Seokjin."

"Ah... Sometimes we don't even understand ourselves. It's hard to know exactly what a person is thinking or feeling, or what someone is going through. Everyone has different views. What repulses us, might interest another. I'm sorry, Joon-ah."

"For what?"

"Everything. I know it's eating at you. I know you just want others to be safe and happy. The world is a cruel place, isn't it?"

"...Yeah..."

~

Jungkook’s eyes fluttered open, lids heavy. His vison slowly came into focus, revealing the blank room around him. A dull light was cast above him, barely reaching the room’s four corners. The rest was cast in complete darkness; no sign of an exit or anyone, for that matter. It was then that he realized he was strapped to a chair; a small wooden thing, splinters poking out of the arm rests. His head pounded.

“H-Hello?” He rasped, throat dry and tight.

There was no answer. There was no one to answer. The redhead struggled against the restraints, tugging uselessly at them. The light above him flickered, going out for a moment then turning back on, a woman standing before him. His eyes widened. It was one of the girls… One of the girls he…