Chapter 16

{Trigger warning(?)}

A young Jungkook sat on the edge of his bed, staring out the window. A few kids ran up and down the street, shouting and laughing. His throat clenched as he watched them. Ever since 'the incident', his father had forbade him from leaving the house. The brunette had been forced into homeschooling and had become trapped in his own home. It was torture. He felt as though his sanity had been slipping from him. Worse yet, his father had begun to bring women home, the young boy forced to listen to the horrible sounds that came from his father's bedroom. Lately he'd rarely seen the man without a bottle of beer.

Jungkook felt lost. His own father ignored him, despite locking him up in the house. He was abandoned. A slave to a non-existent being. Despite all of this, he never gave up. He continued to study in the confines of his room; learning things he'd never even heard of before. He learned to sing, write, draw, and more. He was good. Yet, his father never paid him any mind. Jungkook taught himself to cook, do laundry, and had even taken to exercising. However, nothing seemed to satisfy him. He longed to leave, to run away. But he didn't-felt that he couldn't. Then he'd be abandoning his father. His father that barely remembered to take care of himself. If Jungkook were to leave, then he'd no doubt die. No, the boy refused to allow him that sweet release so easily. He still hadn't forgiven the man; he never would

'He deserves to be punished.'

It was when he'd turned 14 that it finally happened. Punishment.

Jungkook shuffled through drawers and cabinets, the fridge and pantry left open. There was almost no food left. Everything he'd found so far had been old and expired. He cringed as he lifted up a moldy bag of bread, the green substance covering the whole loaf and staining the plastic bag. It's been months since his father had gotten groceries. His stomach grumbled loudly and Jungkook huffed, closing everything up and instead settling for a glass of water. At this rate he'd no doubt die of starvation.

The brunette tensed at the sound of a key turning in the lock of the front door. His heart sank. Dad's home. Jungkook watched the man stumble pathetically into the kitchen, nearly losing his footing. The boy ducked to hide, but his father had already seen him.

"Jungkook," he grumbled, voice hoarse.

Jungkook found himself rooted to the spot as the man approached. No, not again. A large, rough hand gripped his cheek tightly, almost bruising. He trembled as his father looked him up and down.

"You look just like your mother," the man mumbled, releasing his tight hold to instead stroke the boy's cheek.

Suddenly, an image of his mother flashed in his mind; her smiling face, then her body crumpled on the floor. A rage he'd never felt before surged through him in that moment, and he could swear he saw red. His father's hand started to slink further down his body. Jungkook snapped. With surprising speed he was at his father's throat, squeezing tightly and sending the man back against the kitchen table. The man struggled to breath and shoved Jungkook away. The boy quickly caught his footing and grabbed a knife from the rack on the counter, aiming it at his father.

The man stared wide-eyed at Jungkook, and appeared ready to say something before the boy lunged at him again, this time plunging the knife deep into his stomach. The man shrieked as the knife was then ripped out of him, doubling over and pressing his palms to the wound. That didn't last long, however, as Jungkook once again lunged at him, this time knocking him to the ground a gripping his head, hurriedly slicing the sharp metal through his throat. A horrible gurgling sound filled the room as blood spurted everywhere, covering the walls, the floor, and even the ceiling. Jungkook stuck the knife in his throat, this time leaving it there, staying seated on the man until he stopped writhing.

~

"Kook?" A soft voice spoke.

"Yeah?"

"You alright?"

Jungkook hesitated. "Ah- yeah."

"You sure?"

"Mm."

Yoongi frowned but dropped it anyway, turning back to the movie. Oh right. They were watching a movie together. Jungkook hadn't even realized he'd spaced out. It appeared to be near the ending of the movie... How much had he missed? The redhead shifted uncomfortably, reaching over to wrap his arm around the smaller male. Yoongi said nothing, choosing to just lean into the other's embrace. Just as soon as Jungkook had managed to focus all of his attention on the film, it had ended. Yoongi sat up and stretched, a small whine escaping his mouth as he did so. 'Just like a cat,' Jungkook thought, smiling sweetly at the other.

The redhead leaned forward so they could be shoulder to shoulder and met Yoongi's gaze. "What's on your mind?" he whispered.

"Well," Yoongi began, pouting slightly. "The wedding is soon. I don't have a suit to wear."

Jungkook playfully nudged the elder. "That's okay. We can go out together and get one."

"That's true."

Suddenly, Jungkook grinned, sitting up straighter and eyes lighting up. "Or you could wear a dress."

"What? That's ridiculous," Yoongi stated, face pink.

"Aw, come on... It'd be cute!"

"No way."

The two continued to bicker and joke around and Jungkook thought, maybe, just maybe, they would be okay. Whatever had been bothering him before slipped to the back of his mind as he watched Yoongi, laughing as he tackled him and started tickling him. He continued to watch Yoongi even after he'd calmed, the elder shrinking in on himself, cheeks bright red.

"What?" Yoongi mumbled, refusing to meet the redhead's gaze.

"You're beautiful."

"Shut up..."

"But it's true," Jungkook replied, grinning.

Yoongi locked eyes with Jungkook, as if to challenge him. "Oh yeah? Well you're handsome."

The redhead clutched his heart and cooed. "Ah... So cute. So precious. A true lil meow meow."

With a snort Yoongi sat up, kicking Jungkook lightly. "What does that even mean?"

"It's a term of endearment. You're so cute that you're like a little kitten. A little meow meow."

"Right. Well, I'm going to bed," Yoongi stated, standing up.

Jungkook grinned. "Can we snuggle?"

The elder scoffed, reaching out for the other's hand. "Obviously."