Chapter 7

"Fucker is still doing shit," Namjoon muttered as he took in the scene before him: a man's body lay beaten on the ground, his neck twisted, fingers broken and face stomped on. His nose was nearly crushed back into his face. Not to mention the distinct stench of gasoline covering the body; same as last time.

A few of his ribs poked out of his chest, and a little bit of dried blood stuck below his lower lip. Namjoon stood up, frowning. From what they'd gathered, there was a scuffle before the man was allegedly murdered.

"Joon-ah."

He turned around, eyes meeting Seokjin's.

"The news crew is here," Seokjin explained, eyebrows furrowed. "They asked to have a word from you."

The younger groaned. "I don't have time for that. Tell them I'll talk later. If they cared, then they'd leave me to continue my investigation."

With that, he turned and walked away, going to look over the crime scene again. Seokjin frowned. Lately, the brunette has been so focused on the case and finding the killer that he's been losing focus on other more important things. 'Like our relationship,' the elder thought, bitterly. He'd hardly slept. The suspect knew to hide their fingerprints and leave no trace that could potentially lead to them. The only idea they had for the suspect was that he could possibly be a college student, seeing as both victims were students. Maybe the guy held some sort of grudge against them.

Seokjin huffed and turned to speak to the news crew. 'Hopefully we find him soon..'

~

Yoongi wanted to be alone. When he'd told Jungkook this, it had really hurt him. Although, it was understandable; his boyfriend was just found dead. 'Hyung probably blames himself,' Jungkook thought, feeling guilty. Why'd he have to go and kill Yeongseo? Why didn't he just show Yoongi that he was a terrible boyfriend? Now Yoongi was upset. And it was all Jungkook's fault. The redhead slammed his door behind him as he entered his apartment, dropping his stuff to the floor. Yoongi wasn't at class that day and when Jungkook went to visit and see if he was okay, he'd been pushed away; Yoongi telling him he wasn't really in the mood to hang out. The tear stains on his cheek had Jungkook regretting what he'd done.

Jungkook froze as he entered his room. There Taehyung and Jimin were, sifting through photos of Yoongi, eyes wide. The redhead's bedside drawer was open, revealing more. Taehyung gazed up, eyes meeting Jungkook's, and tensed. Jimin rose an eyebrow at the other and did the same, jaw dropping. Neither said anything as Jungkook stepped in, snatching up his photos and carefully returning them back to the drawer, slamming it shut. He stared blankly at the other two, saying nothing.

Jimin cleared his throat and began: "S-Sorry we looked through your stuff. Um- I just wanted to let you know that it's okay that you like Yoongi-hyung."

Jungkook remained silent.

"Yeah," Taehyung added, chuckling nervously. "Even though it does seem a bit..."

He paused, giving the younger a nervous look. "Obsessive," he finished.

Jungkook crossed his arms, frowning. "You can not tell him."

The tone of his voice sent shivers down their spines.

"Y-Yeah. Of course."

The silence seemed to stretch on.

Jimin cleared his throat. "Well, do you want to talk about it?"

Jungkook pondered a moment before replying, "sure..."

If it wasn't awkward between them before, then it definitely was now. Jimin was at a loss for words.

"Well uhh... When did it start? The crush, i mean," he cleared his throat afterwards, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.