Chapter 9

Jungkook was on cloud nine.

Finally, finally, Yoongi was his. They were dating. It was a dream come true. Jungkook almost didn't believe it. Especially when Yoongi was the one to ask...

"Jungkook!"

The redhead flinched, eyes wide. "What?"

Taehyung huffed, arms crossed. "I've been trying to get your attention for like ten minutes. Look, I get that you and Yoongi-hyung are dating now, but that doesn't excuse you from ignoring your friends. Why'd you come if all you were going to do is sit and daydream about hyung?"

"Ah, don't be so hard on him, Tae," Jimin began, smiling slyly. "He's just in loooovee~"

Jungkook's face flushed and he turned away. Taehyung looked less than impressed. It seemed he was still upset over finding all those pictures of Yoongi in the younger's drawer; which they hadn't mentioned since. He huffed again, shoveling a spoonful of noodles into his mouth. While he'd admit he was being a little difficult about the whole thing, he also had his reasons. From the way some of the photos he'd seen were taken, it was as if Jungkook had been stalking Yoongi; which definitely didn't sit right with him. Perhaps he should warn the elder... Taehyung shook his head. That probably wouldn't end well. 'Guess I'll just leave them and wait to see what happens. Maybe Jungkook will come clean.'

"Hey, Jungkookie?"

"Yeah?"

"Were you stalking Yoongi-hyung before you got together?"

...Or Jimin would confront him head on out of nowhere.

Taehyung swallowed a rather sizeable portion of noodles to keep from choking on them. He gave Jimin an incredulous look because- what the hell?!

Jungkook held Jimin's gaze, no one speaking. "I thought we already went over this," he finally replied.

"Well, yeah. You didn't exactly give us a clear answer, though."

"Does it matter?" He grumbled, eyebrows furrowed. "I said I thought he was cute and didn't know how to approach him. Isn't that enough?"

Jimin hummed in thought. "I suppose. We're just worried about you, ya know?"

"Well don't be. I'm fine. I appreciate it, but really; I'm fine."

Finally, Jimin nodded his head and the conversation was dropped. Taehyung was more than uncomfortable. Jungkook reacted almost... hostile. Which, in turn, raised even more red flags. Was there something else going on that Jungkook wasn't talking about? Maybe... Taehyung bit his lip and glanced at the younger, suddenly anxious. He quickly looked away, a sour taste in his mouth. No. There was no way... He knew Jungkook. He wouldn't do that sort of thing. Right?

~

Rumors would remain just that: rumors.

Yoongi ignored the looks he received as he trudged through the hall. Why were they giving him those looks? They were the horrible ones. The death of two college girls was enough for people to start pointing fingers. The victim would forever be the victim, it seemed. The only good thing out of all this chaos was that most were too afraid to approach him. Less people to hold pointless conversations with. 'How could someone so small even manage to take down two women anyways?' Yoongi mentally cringed after referring to himself as "small".