Chapter 14

~Totally didn't forget to update again... o3o~

Nightmares.

Waking up in a sweat, heart pounding, filled with dread; Jungkook had begun to get used to it. As weird as it was, that was the current reality he was faced with. The guilt continued to worsen, the fear, which, in turn, brought about never-ending nightmares. Each night he was faced with another torturous sequence of dreams, some worse than the last. Familiar faces from the past made an appearance more often than not, bringing back old scars. That night was no different.

Jungkook found himself locked in a metal cage, the bars rusted and cold. He could see no farther than a few feet from the cage, the rest being covered in complete darkness. It was as if he were in an abyss, the only source of light being from above his containment. Perhaps this nightmare was to replicate the darkness plaguing his head. That is, until footsteps echoed in the unending darkness-approaching. A shadowy figure stepped halfway into the light, barely visible. A man? Perhaps Yeongseo? No, he was too small. The man took another step forward, the sound of something being dragged catching Jungkook's ears. He couldn't see what it was, but the man definitely had something in his hand; it still being hidden in the dark.

"Jungkook," a familiar, rugged voice called.

Recognition flooded in his eyes and Jungkook stood up, heart pounding. The man took another step, and it was made clear what he was dragging. Finally, he stopped just before the cage, lifting the lifeless body, as if to taunt the redhead. Jungkook turned away, throat tightening and stomach twisting. The body fell with an echoed "plop". The man leaned forward and gripped the bars of the cage, eyes locked on Jungkook.

"You look just like your mother," the voice continued.

Jungkook stepped back and fell to the ground, curling in on himself. "Stop."

"You even act the same..."

"Stop!"

"Ah... Is that really a way to talk to your father?"

Jungkook surged up, hand wrapping tightly around the man's throat. "You're no father of mine."

He smiled, hand gently grabbing Jungkook's wrist. "No? But we're pretty similar ourselves."

"Shut up," he growled, grip tightening.

"I mean, we both kill."

Jungkook pulled back, horrified. "No. Shut up. I'm not you..."

His father simply watched him, smiling. "You can't deny it, my son. How does it feel to have the life of someone else in your hands? As they convulse pitifully while you squeeze their throat until they're unable to do anything other than fall to the ground, limp."

"Shut up!"

"Or the rush you feel as the knife plunges into their flesh, the bloodcurdling scream that's music to the ears... We're the same, Jungkook."

The redhead choked out a sob, gripping his hair almost painfully. "No. Stop it. We're not the same. Shut up."

"You really think he'll still love you after everything you've done? You kill for someone and they turn their back on you. Just like your pathetic mother did."

"Please..."

"She deserved what she got. The love I felt for her lead me to become a murderer. She did this to me. Then, she finds some other man to love her, someone who would never do what I did for her. She deserved to pay for her sins."

"No... Shut up. Shut up! SHUT UP!"

Jungkook shot up from the bed, heart beating painfully in his chest. He struggled to breath, forcing himself to take deep breaths. Sweat dripped down his forehead and soaked his shirt. As soon as he was able to catch his breath, he quickly looked to the side, letting out a relieved sigh when he saw Yoongi wasn't in bed. He peered at the clock on the bedside table. It was near noon. Grumbling, he got up, settling for a quick, cold shower. When he was finished and dressed, he went out into the livingroom to find Yoongi curled up on the couch, watching television. He smiled when he saw Jungkook, turning the tv off and getting up to wrap the other in a tight hug.

"Good morning," he sighed, burying his face in Jungkook's neck.

"'Morning..."

Yoongi pulled away, smiling. "I made some pancakes. They're in the fridge if you want any."

"Thanks."

"Hey, uh," the elder began, nervously biting his lip. "Namjoon and Seokjin-hyung got engaged."

Jungkook blinked, eyes wide. "What?"

"Yeah. They want me to be in the wedding... Would you go with me? I don't know if I could go without you..."

A wedding... Interesting. Jungkook grinned.

"Of course, Yoon. I'd love to go with you."

"Good," Yoongi began, going to sit on the couch again. "Because I already told them you would..."

At that, the redhead snorted, shaking his head with a fond smile while he went to the kitchen in search of food. He was rummaging through the fridge in search of pancakes, when he was struck with a thought.

"Hey, babe? Do you know if Jimin and Taehyung are going?"

"Babe?" Yoongi snickered. "Since when do you call me that?"

"You know you love it."

"You're right. And yeah they are. Apparently Jimin knows one of Joon's friends, or something like that. Wait, do they know Namjoon and Jin-hyung?"

"Ah- I guess I just assumed they did."

"Seriously?" Yoongi asked, head poking into the kitchen, a teasing smile on his face.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, flustered. "Uh, yeah?"

The shorter laughed, stepping into the kitchen and resting his elbows on the island. They remained in a comfortable silence while Jungkook waited for his pancakes to heat up in the microwave. He couldn't help but worry about the wedding. Taehyung would probably be watching him like a hawk. Then again, he didn't doubt Seokjin would do the same. Maybe even Namjoon. Well, not much could really go wrong at a wedding, so he decided it best to just not think about it. What could go wrong?

The microwave pinged, signaling that his food was ready, and Jungkook grabbed his plate and moved to the livingroom, Yoongi following. They sat on the couch together, Yoongi resting his head on Jungkook's shoulder while he went to turn the television back on.

"You know tomorrow is when the project is due, right?"

Jungkook nearly choked on his pancakes. "What? Seriously?"

"Yeah. We already finished though, remember?"

"Yeah. It just feels like time flew by."

Yoongi hummed, eyes closing. "It does..."

"When is the wedding?"

The pale-haired male blinked his eyes open, stifling a yawn into his sleeve. "Oh. A month, I think? I'm not really sure."

"Well, it'll probably be here in no time, then," Jungkook joked, chuckling.

Yoongi hummed in response, cuddling up to the redhead. Jungkook smiled and wrapped an arm around the shorter, pushing his worry to the back of his mind. Fretting about things could wait. For now, he'd just relax with Yoongi. It was when he found himself getting sleepy and leaning further into the elder that another thought struck him:

'Where am I gonna get a tux..?'