26 | Nerve

"let's go eat. i have to tell you something."

the two entered the tropical themed restaurant. there were already a few people probably dining in for lunch. jungkook held yeonwoo's hand as he pulled her to the counter.

"what would you like to eat noona?" jungkook asked. yeonwoo quickly look through the menu.

"hm, i'm thinking -  carbonara? do you have enough money for that?" she asked him. worried that he might have not enough money for himself.

jungkook was actually planning to eat meatballs in brown sauce.

"of course. two carbonara please and two small cola." he told the clerk before sliding his card and leading yeonwoo towards a table with not much people around.

as soon as they both settled, yeonwoo immediately asked him. "what is it that you want to tell me?"

"sohye, that girl, she likes me. a lot." jungkook told her. yeonwoo didn't hope it was obvious but she felt something tick inside her.

"yeah, i noticed." she told him before looking away. he analysed her actions before reaching out for her delicate hand.

"but don't worry noona, you're way cooler than her." jungkook reassured her. "plus, you are fucking good at wakeboarding."

yeonwoo flushed at that. "it's actually not much compared to others. all you have to do is to ride the wave - just like surfing.." she told him.

"but you're fine at surfing then fucking badass at wakeboard. how does that even make sense." jungkook blurted.

"i don't think i told you that i'm shit at surfing." yeonwoo said, looking straight into jungkook's eyes. the younger gulped at her glare. "jungkook?"

"alright noona, i- remember you told me you confessed to someone?" he asked her slowly, trying not to make a bigger mistake.

"yeah..?"

"i was the one you confessed to."

yeonwoo gasp. "jeon jungkook..! no wonder your name sounds so familiar- you're that guy from middle school who was dared to kiss a girl in the hallway!"

"what the fuck noona? how do you even remember those - embarrassing moments." jungkook turned tomato at the mention of the most embarrassing moment in his middle school days.

"now i remember! wahaha!" yeonwoo laughed out loud. "oh my god you were so cute after that agh!"

there was silence after that. yeonwoo calmed down as the both of them looked at each other.

"is that the reason why you actually talked to me that day?" she asked him, referring to the jog day.

"yeah.. when i got a good look at you that night, i knew it was you."

yeonwoo just smiled.

then a female waiter with their meal came in. "here you go sir. would you like your receipt or my number?" she slyly said, winking at jungkook.

yenwoo licked her lips before biting them. the maknae saw this so he told the waitress.

"sorry, my girlfriend already have it." he told her, not caring if she's a fan or not.

yeonwoo smiled proudly at that. the waitress observed yeonwoo before huffing her way out with the empty tray.

jungkook saw his noona smiled happily. he just stared at her. she looked up to see jungkook looking at her while smiling.

.

slick waitress😂