⋆ eight ⋆

He was utterly confused.

Very... Very... Very confused.

What Yoongi last remembered was that he allowed Jungkook to give him a ride home last week. When they had arrived, Yoongi decided to become a good brother and invited Jungkook in so that Tae could have the time of his life.

It had been funny, seeing how awkward the two were around each other. Yoongi just shook his head in fondness and then went to his room, leaving the two alone. He could still remember his scowl when he saw Hoseok on his bed the moment he opened the door. He should've known something shit was about to happen.

Back to the present, Yoongi was very, very confused.

His mouth was hanging open.

Jin's mouth was hanging open.

Namjoon's mouth was hanging open.

And Jimin was giggling behind Taehyung and Jungkook who were holding hands and were standing in front of their table.

"Y-you what?!"

Taehyung only flashed his box smile, but Yoongi was not fooled. He scowled darkly at his crazy little brother. "Hyung, do I really have to repeat what I said?"

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, and the Jungkook's smile all but washed away and turned into fear.

"I think I heard it wrong. So yes, please do repeat what you just said."

Smile unwavering, Taehyung only rolled his eyes fondly. "My Kookie and I are engaged! We're marrying as soon as we graduate!"

"When did this happen?" Yoongi asked in a flat tone, face now expressionless. Namjoon and Jin turned to him, knowing that Yoongi was already dead serious. Taehyung knew it as well, but he still smiled widely as if his hyung was not about to bite his head off.

Taehyung nudged Jungkook's side playfully. "Tell him."

The boy, who was bursting with confidence awhile ago but was now cowering in front of Yoongi's judgemental gaze, straightened up. He turned to Taehyung and smiled lovingly before turning back to Yoongi with determination in his eyes.

Yoongi only raised an eyebrow.

"We became boyfriends after that time I gave you a ride home, hyung. And the day after, I asked Tae to marry me and he said yes. We're not in a hurry, though. We will only get married after I graduate college."

Yoongi admired that he had not stuttered. The kid was brave, or at least, brave enough to face Yoongi's glare head on.

"You're not in a hurry? That's bullshit," Yoongi spat, and everyone except for Taehyung blanched. His little brother frowned at him. "Kim Taehyung, I'm not allowing you to enter this crazy deal. You cannot just be engaged with a person you had just met for a fucking day!"

"But hyung!" Taehyung whined back immediately as soon as Yoongi stopped talking. "You know how long I've had a crush on Jungkookie!"

"You don't get engaged with your crush, Tae. You get engaged with the person you're in love with. You may be stalking each other in your SNS accounts but that doesn't mean you really know each other. Stop this nonsense now because you well know I'm not beyond locking you inside your room."

Taehyung was now scowling but his hold on Jungkook's arm only tightened. Yoongi narrowed his eyes at that.

"You can't stop us, hyung!" Taehyung announced and Yoongi all but rolled his eyes. This was the most pathetic shit he had ever been through in this miserable life of his. He knew more than anyone how stubborn Taehyung could be. But Taehyung also knew how fucking stubborn Yoongi could be.