⋆ twenty ⋆

"I...like you, hyung. PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME!"

Yoongi blinked again.

What?

There was ringing in his ears as he stared at the boy in front of him. Everything around them started to blur, the only clear thing was Park Jimin blushing furiously and nervously in front of him. Once again, Yoongi was reminded of all the K-Dramas Tae had forced him to watch with him. The cliche fast beating of the heart as time stopped and the world ceased turning... It wasn't even enough to define this very moment. 

There were no words for it, how much the books and movies could've tried to define it.

Park Jimin, this beautiful being right in front of him, was asking him out? He, who had spent countless sleepless nights imagining what it would be like to tell the younger boy his feelings and asking him to be his. He, who had finally decided to man up and confess to this boy in front of him. He, who tried hard not to believe in any of Hoseok's words just because he was too scared to get his hopes up. He, who would be ready to do anything just for this beautiful boy, as cheesy as it sounded.

And now Jimin just said all the words Yoongi couldn't even say without combusting.

He just fell in love even more.

•|•|•|•|~YM~|•|•|•|•

Oh no.

He's not saying anything. 

Jimin was now starting to regret everything. He shouldn't have done this. He shouldn't have let his emotions get to him. It was all too fast and sudden. What if Yoongi would reject him? Well, it definitely seemed to be the case now since the older boy hadn't uttered a single word for the past ten minutes. 

Awkwardly standing there, Jimin mourned at how stupid he was. He had been too blinded by his feelings that he couldn't stop thinking of just telling Yoongi how much he wanted him and that he'd like to be more than friends. 

It was a few days ago when Yoongi invited him to eat lunch on a weekend. They were having so much fun arguing whether it's legal to put pineapples on pizza—which Jimin thought not but Yoongi disagreed—when he noticed how beautiful it was when Yoongi smiled and laughed, his gums showing and his eyes disappearing. He had always known Yoongi had a beautiful smile, but in that moment, it felt like everything flashed right before Jimin's eyes and he realized he couldn't just keep loving the boy like this. Yoongi had to know. He had to tell him. He couldn't just stand by and let anyone steal Yoongi away from him. He should at least grab the chance and ask. At that moment, he didn't care even if Yoongi would turn him down, he just couldn't keep it inside anymore and suddenly, all he wanted to do was to tell him his feelings.

It sounded so easy back then.

Jungkook just made his thoughts worse. He was so supportive and told Jimin that it was about time, that it was the right thing to do. He didn't even remind Jimin how embarrassing it would be. Especially if Yoongi would just end up standing there, saying nothing and gawking at Jimin.

The boy bit his lip. He wanted to run away.

But he wouldn't.

Crossing his fingers, he breathed deeply and opened his mouth.

"W-We don't have to take it fast! We can go on dates, you know, get to know each other and-"  

"I think we're already past the getting to know each other stage, Jiminie."  

Jimin was speechless, his mind failing to process what Yoongi just said. The other boy was expressionless, except for his eyes that were looking at Jimin with so much intensity that made him want to either bolt away or walk closer and kiss him senseless.