the quirk test

|Edited| - (6/29/20)

chapter 12:
the quirk test

Your POV

As everyone walked out to the training field I couldn't help but look for Izuku. I mean it is his first time being here. Sure I'm not exactly prepared either, but I have trained with Uncle Aizawa before.

"Today we're having a quirk assessment to see the strength of everyone's quirk," Uncle Aizawa said in a tired voice.

"But what about orientation? We're gonna miss it!" Uraraka said.

"If you wanna be a hero, you shouldn't waste time on lousy ceremonies like that. Now, Bakugo, you got the highest on the exam. What was your score in the softball pitch last year?" Uncle Aizawa asked.

"67 meters I think," Kacchan replied.

"Now, try using your quirk. You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle,"
Uncle Aizawa explained.

Kacchan walked over to the circle, clenching the ball in his hand. He reeled his arm back, taking aim and the sky.

"DIE!!!!!" He screamed as he launched the ball into the air, landing God knows where.

Die??

"705.2 meters," Uncle Aizawa read aloud.

"That looks like so much fun!!" Someone said.

"No, why did you say that?" I groaned to myself, lightly face palming.

"Oh? It looks fun? Fine then. Whoever places last is expelled," Uncle Aizawa said grinning.

The class gasped in shock, and Izuku looked as though he might faint from nervousness.

"Show me it's no mistake you're here. Plus Ultra style," He said as he walked off, beginning the test.

50 meter dash:

We first started with the 50 meter dash. Child's play in my opinion, and Uncle Aizawa knew it because he discreetly raised a brow at me before we started.

The only test I thought might be difficult was the ball throw. Along with the training with Dad and Izuku, I trained with Aizawa and another hero named Thirteen.

As I walked to the starting line, I noticed I was up against a guy with weird elbows. Once I started running, I was at the finish line in 17.3 seconds according to the machine. Everyone's jaws dropped as they watched me go back to the group. My focused face said nothing as they all gawked at me.

Standing long jump:

I just jumped as high and long as I could and surprisingly made it a little bit before the other side. People all around me were somewhat...impressed?

Repeated side steps:

I went from side to side as fast as I could. People stared at me, making me fidget with my fingers uncomfortably. Was it my scar? I began to feel a bit self conscious.

Grip strength:

I gripped the machine as hard as I could, the exterior plastic visibly shaking under the pressure. I immediately dropped it, not know my own strength. Maybe the alarm clock was a good practice?

Ball throw:

I breathed in and out, peering into the distance as I stepped forward, aiming the ball as I threw it as far as I could.