unwelcome and familiar

chapter 59:
unwelcome and familiar

Your POV

"So you're saying that my quirk could really help in this investigation?" asked Yakamura, resting her hand on her hip.

"I believe so. I mean you can copy anyone's, correct?" she nodded her head in response. "Then you should be a big help. With you around, there's so many perspectives in which we can go into this investigation. With any quirk at our disposal, there's infinite possibilities."

"I suppose you're right, Yagi. So when should we start?" she asked, putting her finger to her lip.

"Well, I'll have to track Overhaul down and then maybe we can figure out something to do. In fact, it could be a while until anything actually happens. Who knows where he's lurking in the shadow-"

I was interrupted by a phone call from Sir. He almost never called. Talking on the phone wasn't exactly one of his favorite pass times.

"Sir?"

"Mirio and Midoriya are about to go out on patrol. If I were you, suiting up now would be your best option."

And with that blunt statement, Sir's monotone voice vanished, his caller ID disappearing. I turned to the two dorks as they conversed of God-knows-what.

"I apologize, but I must go. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to contact me. You guys are the key to finding my mother. Thank you."

They returned the farewell cheerily as the three of us made our separate ways.

__________________________

"Izuku, Mirio," I called, catching up to the boys as they strolled down the street.

"(Y/n)! It's nice seeing ya!" Mirio called, patting my back.

Izuku nodded in agreement, flashing a smile towards me. My heart picked up as I nodded in return.

Mirio explained the basics to Izuku. He taught him the rules of patrolling: when we go out, and what were supposed to do.

Personally, I was already trained and had a bit of experience in the patrol field, yet coming face to face with someone from past fights was not listed in my resumé to say the least.

The girl couldn't have been older than 8 as she sprinted out from an alley way. She tripped, but I caught her thanks to my quick reflexes. Izuku launched for her, but stopped in a squatting position as soon as he saw I had caught her.

"Are you al....right..?" I trailed off, slowly looking up at the figure who stood before me.

Kai Chisaki, with his feet planted sturdily in front of me, made his presence known as the other two heroes stood aimlessly in a state of oblivion to what had gone down between the two of us in the past.

The child's fragile figure shook in fear as the man behind her loomed over us.

"You should be more careful," the man spoke, stepping out from the shadows only a bit, seeming to taunt us. "We don't want to cause any trouble with the heroes."