a quirkless hero

|Edited| - (10/12/19)

chapter 40:
a quirkless hero

Your POV

"You're what?!" The class shouted.

"Yagi, how are you okay with this?" Kamanari asked.

"It's a long story, but it was just expected," I explained to my suspicious classmates.

"Well then uh...have a good day?" The doctor questioned more than said, as he  left, leaving me with all the eyes in the room on me.

"Okay so what really happened?" Uncle Aizawa asked and I sighed.

"Kiyoko showed you my memories correct?" I asked as they all nodded.

"In the midst of that, I was given a choice..." I took a long pause and regained my composure, not wanting the chance to relive what happens just hours ago. "It was basically either you guys getting hurt or me losing my quirks. I chose the latter. End of story."

"Yag-"

"Before you start ranting, it was my own choice and decision. If I could do it over again I would do the same thing," I explained.

"I can't help but feel it's our fault," Mina said and I looked up at her questionably.

"Don't be an idiot, Mina. It's not your fault, or anyone's fault. Besides, I'm used to this," I said as my classmates look at me with confusion stained on their face.

"From preschool to the last year of middle school I was quirkless. I was a late bloomer," I explained while they nodded understandably.

"Why did you do it?" Izuku asked.

"Because I care about you all. It's a heroes job to make sacrifices for the people they care for. That just so happened to be mine."

"Oh! I totally forgot! Thank you for helping us at the training camp," Izuku said and I nodded.

"Sure, I'm glad you're all alright," I said in relief.

"By the way, how's your back? I'm really sorry about that," Tokoyami apologized.

"Huh? Oh yea I'm fine. I'm somewhat alright in most departments," I said, giving him a weak thumbs up.

"Most? More like none!" Recovery girl said coming through the door, huffing and puffing.

"Okay, there's no need to rant-"

"What's wrong with her?!" Yoayarozu asked concerned.

"Allow me to just go through the list of what's wrong," the woman huffed.

"Just get it over with, Granny," I said, earning a glare from Granny Chiyo.

"Both arms, right and left, were broken 3 individual times. Loss of blood and a broken leg. One broken foot and all ten fingers broken. Irregular heartbeat. Deep gash in back and knife wound in arms and legs!" Granny Chiyo finished, her face flushed a red color due to her frustration.

"Yagj! You never said it was that bad!! Why did you protect us at camp if you knew this would happe-" Kirishima shouted but I stand up and cover his mouth.

A dark aura surrounded Granny Chiyo.

"What did he say young lady?" She asked, making me gulp nervously.

"Um. Uh? Nothing?" I said, sweat dropping down my forehead due to nerves.

"Young lady! Do not tell me that you went invisible, took the hits for students, protected them, and then left with no medical help what so ever!!" She shouted and I stepped back.

"Where do you get that idea?" I asked nervously, avoiding all eye contact.

"YOUNG LADY, YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER! You are much too reckless! You do not need to take the hit for everyone! You cant save everyone! Not to mention your now quirkless! What was going through your head?! Just explain to me!" She yelled.

"Well I saw them in danger and helped them," I said, calmly sitting back down. In the midst of our quarrel, the class looked at us in complete shock.

"(Y/n) Yagi, if you break one more bone, so help me lord, I will kick you out of my office!" She said, taking her leave.

"Um. Okay? What the hell was that?" Kamanari asked.

"Sometimes I go overboard, or in Granmy Chiyo's books. All the time," I said sighing.

"So what are you going to do about being quirkless?" Tsuyu asked, holding back some tears.

I looked over at Dad.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure. Even if I really tried, I'm not sure if I could be quirkless and still be in the hero course. To somehow be in the course, I'd have to take the final exam, which I can't imagine would be easy. I almost enrolled in the support course before, so maybe I could go there? Or I could go full time at the police station," I said, looking down, counting the options on my fingers.

"So you won't be with us anymore?" Uraraka asked, her voice cracking a bit.

"Well, don't jump to conclusions just yet. If I make into the support course, I could always  help with your costumes and update them. It's not like we'll never see each other," I said.

"(Y/N), sweetie," Dad said.

"Yea?"

"Do it. You have plenary of brute strength and speed. I think you'd be a fine hero, with or without a quirk," Dad Might said.

"C'mon, Dad. You're like required to say stuff like that,"

"Just try! Cmon Yagi! Your always encouraging! At least try!" Hagakure cheered and the class nodded.

"O-okay I'll try; just don't get your hopes up. I haven't fought just in hand to hand combat in a long time," I said.

"I think I can help with that," Aizawa said, and I nodded thankfully.

Maybe I can be a quirkless hero?

~✍️♥️

chapter 40:
end
word count: 927