him and her

|Edited| - (11/1/19)

chapter 44:
him and her

Your POV

Tsukauchi led me into an investigation room after we had gathered all the necessary books and files. This was the only place that would be quiet. The only thing that could possibly mess this up was if people stepped into the room with the two way mirror looking inside the room we were in, but no one would do that, they were all working.

We began looking through the many files and books, the piles and piles of paper seems interminable. We read each file word for word, never skipping any, while hunting for any word that even resembled 'Blackout.'

We looked for hours and nothing came up, not even a sentence or word! My frustration was peaking with each failed book and file. What the hell would we do now?

"Kid, lets go get some dinner," Tsukauchi said but I shook my head no.

"I'll get dinner later. I need to check stuff in my office for a little bit.," I explained and he nodded reluctantly, walking out the door.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Uncle Aizawa never showed up which was a bummer. Maybe he knew more about this than we did?

Who knows.

I grabbed multiple unchecked books and files, and brought them to my office, setting them down on my dusty, unused desk. I closed the door and begin to spread the files and books across my desk and tables in the room.

I groaned at the sight of my work load. It would definitely take a while. I shook my head and began to work, writing notes after notes on suspicious places in the city, and any cases surrounding the Light hero.

As I chewed my gum, I heard my door swing open revealing an out of breath Uncle Aizawa.

"Hey," I said, my spirits dropping a little.

"Do you still not have anything?" He asked and I shook my head no, looking at the stacks of files and books disappointedly.

"I'll look in the file room," Uncle Aizawa said, leaving before I could tell him I'd looked in there millions of times before.

I searched absent-mindedly at the worthless amount of paper around my office. Crumpled up papers filled with notes that were thrown were now visible all around the carpeted floor. A heavy sighed leaves my lips as I got back to reading a file case.

No one's POV

As Mr. Aizawa and Yagi left, the class all looked at each other. All they knew was they were not going to English. They nodded their heads to each other and got up, walking down the hallways of our school. As they arrived at the exit, they hesitated before opening its doors and running outside. The class headed to the police station where Yagi and Aizawa would be.

When the group of students got there, Iida said claimed the class was visiting Yagi. The front desk nodded, pointing to her room down the hall.

Once the class tip toed towards her office, they heard talking.

"I'll have a look in the file room," Mr. Aizawa said and walked out of the room.

They panicked, silently shuffling in an empty office next to it. The thin walls still let them hear their conversation.

Your POV

Uncle Aizawa came back into the room with a white face. It looked like he'd just been through some paranormal event.

"What's wrong-"

"You said it was The Light Hero: Blackout.....right?" He asked, his voice was extremely shaky compared to his usually monotone one.

I nodded my head, urging him to continue.

"(Y/n).....she's. She's a v-villain. She teamed up with him," Aizawa said and my expression immediately dropped lower than before.

"N-no I-I locked him up m-months ago. He couldn't possibly be out now," I said, my face now turning as white as my uncle's.

"Well, we will just have to get him again. You can lock him up, and then we can sort out this...um..situation. I'll see you later," Uncle Aizawa said as he grabbed his things and headed to the door but I spoke up.

"No....I can't," I said and he looked at me, confused.

"Yes, you can...do be so hard on yourself, kiddo. I'm giving you this because I know you can handle it by yourself. Trust me, you're stronger than you think," He said kindly, but it only made my blood boil more.

"No..I'm not."

"(Y/n). Yes your are stop this-"

"Why can't you just see?!" I raise my voice surprising him. "I've been working on this investigation for weeks! My friends are worried too! And it's all for nothing because she's a damn villain!"

"It's okay. You can do this-"

"No! I can't. Look. I don't know how much I have many times I have to tell you this to get it through you're thick ass skull! I'm QUIRKLESS! I now have disadvantages! I'm not strong! I don't even know if I'm even going to be able to be in the hero course!" I yelled, anger clear in my eyes.

"(Y/n) you're just overreacting-"

"No I'm not! How would you feel if your dream was slipping through your fingers? The dream you've been working on for the past 3 years? What if your friends were worried about you but you couldn't tell any of them in fear of them being in danger? What if you never had a parents love because they were never around? Wha..what if you just desperately wanted to help people but you couldn't because your just too weak?!" I shouted as he looked at me in shock. He tried to speak but I just kept yelling.

"I cant change it! I have so much to do here and in school! Plus, now I have to lock up someone I locked up months ago? The months when I had a quirk. Now I cant! You know what happened! I was almost killed! Now I will be killed. I will never ever able to face him again while I'm in state that I'm in, Aizawa!" I yelled, by now tears were streaming down my face as my voice cracked with anger and frustration. I stood up, stomping over to Uncle Aizawa.

"If this is giving you suck a disadvantage, then why did you do it?! Why did you give up your quirks if you knew the consequences?" Uncle Aizawa yelled at me, by now, anger was pushing its way through my body to the point my face was bright red.

"Because I saw the same potential in them that you saw that first day when you decided not to expel them. I know they can and will become amazing heroes, so do you. I didn't want them to be a target. All I wanted was for them to be safe for once. That's why, in the first place, I tried not to make friends! I already dragged Izuku into this! T-that's...that's..." Tears constantly fell from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks in forms of pure despair as I looked up at Uncle Aizawa with an infuriated expression. I picked up his stuff and slammed it onto his chest."Come back when your someone I can actually rely on."

"Wait-"

"Get out of my office, Shota," I said, slamming my office door and locking it before leaning back on it and sliding onto the ground.

I hugged my knees, silently heaving in breaths to myself. My chest was tighter than it need to be. I needed to calm down.

So much was happening and I couldn't find any control. Everything was moving so fast and I couldn't do anything.

I stayed at the station all night, not even bothering to go to school the next day. Every file, every case, every officer, I wrote down any information I could get about the two villains. Many calls and texts rang from my phone from my classmates and loved ones, but I ignored them, continuing with my work. I'd have a lot to explain if I ever went back to UA, but right now, my only priority, my main focus was him and her.

~✍️♥️

chapter 44:
end
word count: 1386