Chapter 7

"Tumhe rotiyan to aati hai na banani?" Randhir teased Sanyukta as she attentively watch how Raghu kaka was tossing the vegetables in the large pan. She was trying to concentrate and remember the recipe.

"Shhh..let me concentrate na." Sanyukta hissed at Randhir and smiled at how she innocently looking the elderly man who was helping her.

"Beti aap fikar na karo..aapko to videshi khana pakana aata hai na, to ye bhi aa jayega. Aur hum to aapke pas rahenge, aap bas sikh lijiye kya kya karna hai.." The man said to Sanyukta with affection.

"Kaka main aata gund ke dekhu?? Mujhe wo sikhna hai." Sanyukta said biting her lips and Randhir giggled knowing what she was doing.

"Haan kyu nehi.. Waha aata hai main la deta hu."

"Nehi kaka aap sabji bana rahe ho.. Randhir tum jao leke aao, tumhari kitchen hai na?" Sanyukta said turning around and her eyes innocently flared up to Randhir...

"Mera kitchen?? Roz roz yeha tehelne nehi aata main Rajkumari.. Main bhi aaj pehli baar aaya hu yahan.." Randhir said in defence.

"Tab to accha hai..main hi kyu akeli kam karu batao. Jao tum aata lao..main gund dungi..fir tum roti belna aur main pakaungi." Sanyukta sang dreamily.

"Aur kal task mein fail ho jaogi." Randhir added.

"Wah Kunwar ji..itne nakhre ek kam karne ke liye." Sanyukta wrinkled her nose and pushed Randhir aside, walking to the shelve where flour was kept.

She tried to pick up the big container but it was too heavy for her and just there two large arms held her soft hands from behind and helped her to bring it to the table nearby. Sanyukta didn't need to turn to know who it was, his touch had some other effect on her, it made her skin feel alive, it made her feel all sort of things she never ever felt...

She pour the flour in a broad surfaced metal server and as instructed by Raghu kaka she added water and started mixing it with her hands.. She was hell enjoying it, it was so new for her to spend so much time in kitchen and knowing how attentively Randhir was watching over her, it made the whole situation more exciting for her.

Randhir couldn't take his eyes from the beauty gleaming in the light of lantern, rest aside her beautiful soul...her face was alone capable of making even grown man weak on knees. She had this sharp nose...supple lips and those big eyes where she could sum up the world..

Randhir's fingers reached to her face and pushed the stray locks behind her ear that was disturbing from a while. Sanyukta smiled shyly thanking him and Randhir felt this sudden urge to kiss her lower lip that she was biting hard while she just succeeded making her first ever perfect size roti.

She jumped in her placed in excitement as the roti came out roasted and edible. there that moment when Raghu kaka left the kitchen Sanyukta bounce back towards him and threw her little hands around his waist and hugged him tight..

They didn't need the words to express their feeling, Sanyukta was too ecstatic by her sudden joy and words fail to contain the message she wanted Randhir to know but the moment Randhir's lips touched her forehead Sanyukta closed her eyes and decided not to ruin their moment with anything verbal.

                                 #####

"It's so yum... M so going to miss this oily foods." Sanyukta moaned eating a morsel of ghee filled roti with the dishes Raghu kaka taught her...

"Jana zaruri hai kya??" Randhir asked shifting a bit from his place and his eyes yearned a hopeful reply from her.....

Sanyukta's hands dropped in defeat and the clench in her stomach forced her to look away from the eyes which were waiting for her reply, she knew gonna break his heart.