Chapter 25

Sanyukta came out of her temporary house holding a lantern in hand. She checked her watch and waited for the car randhir mentioned in the letter. She didn't know what was gonna happen to her life, leaving randhir for anything in this world was not her option but when it comes to rajaji's legacy and pride, she couldn't afford anything that might put her dearest papa in shame. She saw a car slowing down in front of her and she hurriedly get into it and it took her to a deserted place she had no idea about..

"aap mujhe kaha laye driver? Kunwar kaha hai?" She asked without getting out of the car.

No reply came..

"are boliye na..kunwar kaha hai? Aur aap kaha laye hai hame?" She started panicking and about to attack the driver when he held her hand and their eyes met...

"what the hell??? Are you crazy ramdhir?? Aise darate hai kya koi" she yelled at him.

"aap itni cutely puch rahi thi mere bare mein..." He smiled.

"itni tense situation pe bhi tumhe mazak ka mood ho raha hai.. Unbelievable" sanyukta glared.

"m sorry. Please ab gussa mat ho aap. Already main gusse wale logo se mil mil ke thak chuka hu" randhir sighed.

"papa kaise hai?" Sanyukta asked.

"he is tensed, but i told him m not going to leave you for anything. I told him that we are going to elope" randhir said holding her hand.

"what?? You're kidding right?" Sanyukta screamed.

"no, m serious. We have only two option sanyukta, either we elope or else we can never be together"

"i wont run away randhir..that's not gonna happen" sanyukta shook her head.

"aap hame chod sakti hai?" He asked taking a step towards sanyukta.

"main wo kab kaha.. There must be a way Randhir. Kuch to hoga, hum itna selfish nehi ho sakte na" sanyukta kept her palm in his chin.

"koi rasta nehi bacha hai. They are way too stubborn than you think. Either we have to separate or else we are no longer royalty" Randhir said helplessly staring down at her.

"then leave me Randhir, you can't afford to finish your family's legacy for us. Its too selfish.." Her voice broke down, it was so hard to say but she knew it was right thing to do.

She loved randhir more than anyone else in the world, but she wasn't a selfish person. She knew what it means to have a family and a family which loved her so much, she couldn't be cruel to them even if her life depends.

"i can't believe you are acting like nirupa roy, whats with this sacrifice and all ha? Where is my feisty sanyukta?" Randhir said furiously grabbing her arm.

"m still that sanyukta. I can fight for you with the world randhir but not in cost of your family... I know you love me, but maa papa are more important than me. I can live my whole life cherishing these moments with you but your parents need you ron. Please understand. Your parents..these people who look up to you as their future king everyone needs you and m not going to hurt everyone for my own selfish love. I wont" sanyukta said determinedly and placed her head on his chest for the one last time.

They stood in silence for a moment and sanyukta heard randhir's voice, "pitaji, aap bet jeet gaye. Aapki bahu mujhse jyada baki sab ke bare mein sochti hai. Wo ab bas hamari sanyukta nehi aap sab ki yuvrani ban gayi hai"

And sanyukta could clearly hear it was not his sad voice but relaxed one but what she couldn't understand that what the hell was going on there.

                               #####