『•CHAPTER 1•』 - SO MANY QUESTIONS

Prompt: 'Person B of your OTP ask the weird questions in the middle of the night and Person A throws a pillow at the other and hit them. (Bonus: If Person A gets up and smacks Person B.)'

-·-

Gon was lying in his bed, looking at the ceiling while his arms were crossed against his chest. The sounds of crickets making their music and owls whooing, was a simple reminder that it was night time. The time where everyone rests and get ready for the challenges that lie ahead.

The moonlight coming through the curtained-window didn't affect Gon though. He didn't feel sleepy, instead, he felt curious. Many questions are coming to his mind at once. Attacking his brain to the point to where he can't keep it in.

He needs to voice them out loud for everyone to hear, or maybe, just one particular person.

"Killua?" Gon says in a hushed tone.

No response.

Gon knows there is a light chance that Killua is sleep. He knows he's most likely ignoring him. Gon turns onto his side to where he's facing the side of the room where Killua is. They both had seperate beds (much to Gon's disappointment) but, there are a lot of reasons why.

And this, being one of them.

"Killua?" Gon says, a little louder then before.

The sound of sheets shuffling made its presence to show that Killua was awake, and very much annoyed.

"What Gon," Killua responded, clearly agitated.

"Why does the night go by so fast? Like, in a second," Gon snaps his fingers to emphasize, "It's morning, just like that."

Killua furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. 'What? Does that even make sense?' Killua just hid deeper into the covers while saying, "I don't know Gon, just go to sleep," because he's sure as hell don't feel like answering questions right now.

Gon frowned. That didn't answer his question. He's going to have to try harder.

"Killua?"

Killua takes a deep breath, his iritation and frustration about to rear its ugly head. Don't start this tonight Gon.

"What Gon", Killua said as his voice gotten a little louder, as if he's trying to tell Gon he's clearly not in the mood.

But Gon still doesn't catch it.

"Why do we call cookies 'cookies' if we bake them and call bacon 'bacon' if we cook them?"

...WHAT?!

Killua feels as if Gon is mentally challenging him right now. These stupid questions are starting to work his nerves up. He doesn't want to be mean and tell Gon to fuck off, but he will if he has to.

"Gon, I. Don't. Know. You'll have all the answers to your questions in the morning if you get some rest. Now. Go. To. Sleep.", Killua said, putting a sharp edge to every word.

Now, Gon is the one getting frustrated. Killua isn't answering his question. He's basically avoiding them. The last of his questions is on the tip of his tongue, and he wants an answer to this one.

One way or another.

"Kill-"

Killua shot up into a sitting position, his face in a aggravated and mad expression, "WHAT GON WHAT!"

Gon furrows his eyebrows while saying, "You know that when you clean the vacuum cleaner, you become the vacuum clean-", he's cut off by a pillow hitting him in the face. The force enough to tell him the subliminal message.

Shut. Up.

"Gon, stop asking me all these questions! I'm exhausted, and on the verge of going mad! I don't know the answers to your questions! I don't know why you are even asking me these questions!"Killua said, his frustration showing all over the place.

Gon whined, "But Killua-"

"But Killua nothing! I told you to go to sleep and you didn't listen to me, so why should I have to listen to you?!"

Gon didn't respond, he just stayed quiet.

"Now, throw me back my pillow." Killua said, his voice leaving no room for argument.

Gon frowned and grumbled as he threw the pillow back to the assailant. He turned back to look at the ceiling and pouted. No fair! Even though he feels as if Killua won, he won't let him have the last word.

Gon closed his eyes while saying in a loud, obnoxious tone, "Well at least I can stay up all night instead of acting like a weak crybaby."

Silence.

Gon feels as if everything stopped as soon as he said that. The crickets stopped chirpping and the owls stopped their calmly call. The curtains moving with the slight breeze from outside.

Gon feels a cold sweat. The aura he feels coming from Killua is the main reason why. Gon clears his throat as he rubs the back of his neck, anxiety and regret rushing through his body.

"Umm...Killua?"

The quick shifting of covers being thrown to the ground was what he seen first before a body coming at him at high speed.

Gon's eyes widened as frantically waved his arms around while shouting, "Killua! I'm sorr-"

A strong, stinging force cut him off. The echoing sound of a smack was loud enough for the birds to take off. Hopefully Gon learned his lesson.

You can only push someone so far, until they finally snap.

-EDITED (2020)

(A/N) RIP Gon, you went down like a warrior. You will be forever missed (Ó╭╮Ò)

Also, I feel for Killua in this one. I also become irritated and frustrated when I do not get enough sleep or I am tired and someone keeps bothering me XD

But anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Since this is technically the first ever story I've posted on Wattpad. It's kinda rusty ngl

Namaste wuvs! 💘