『•CHAPTER 13•』- A COLD-HEARTED LOVE

Prompt: "Don't you see!? Look at me! What am I!?"
"A beautiful, intelligent man."
"No, you idiot! I'm an assassin! This whole relationship thing... it can't work between us."

Fact: This prompt originally read 'A beautiful, intelligent woman', but I changed it for the sake of this story... :3 ♡

Words!: 1k+

Tags: Aged-Up To 22, Assassin AU

-·-

Killua had just finished bandaging his bloody knuckles, sighing and cringing at the rubbing of the elastic against the sores and bruises. He had just finished another killing, the appearance of his attire had gone through it all.

His clothes dirtied up with a few droplets of blood, and his jeans were ripped and faded from their luxurious color. His jacket also had its share of tears after being stretched out from firm grips.

Killua goes for the bathroom, taking out his bloodied weapons to clean them thoroughly and carefully. I need to get new equipment. These are becoming old and rusty, He thought to himself as he rinsed off the knife. He usually doesn't use these equipments, but the job he had just finished required the need of old school. As he finished cleaning, knocks sounded on his door, he didn't need to look up to know who it was.

"You can come in, Gon." Killua left the bathroom with his equipment, now going to dry them off as the door opened and in walked who he was expecting, Gon.

"Hey Killua," Gon greeted cheerily with a genuine smile, closing the door behind him. Killua was sitting down in the chair beside the bed with a buckle-secured tote bag in his lap, sharpening his knives and applying oil to them. "Hi." He replied with a gruff.

"So, how was it?" Gon asked curiously, walking towards him to sit on the bed adjacent to the chair, by the edge. "Oh you know, same old same old." Killua shrugged carelessly, "I get assigned to kill someone. I kill 'em, come back, wash myself up and my equipment. You come in, and we go to bed." Sheathing the blades, he puts them into the bag in an organized order, from smallest to biggest.

Gon squints his eyes as he notices the bloody bandages wrapped around Killua's hands. "What happened here?" He reaches over to gently take hold of one of his hands, frowning at the sight of bloodied bruises and scrapes. Killua looks at his hand, not bothered one bit by it, but still cringes as a reflex from the sharp touch of pain. "I busted my knuckles on some sharp rocks. Miscalculated the distance between my jumps and the boulders." He flexes his fingers slightly, "Nothing to worry about though. They'll heal in a week..."

"Killua, you can't tell me not to worry about your joints or your health. I don't want anything bad to happen that'll leave you with chronic pain." Gon softly rubbed the bandaged hand, making eye contact with those deep, sapphire irises. "I love you, and I want you to take better care of yourself... Okay?"

I love you.

Those three words stung Killua more than what he ever envisioned they would. Those words usually being happiness, joy, ecstasy to others, but to him, it just brings sadness... hurt...

Pain.

Sighing deeply, Killua goes to stand up, gripping the bag in his hands tightly before walking over to the closet to put it up. "I don't think this will work out..." He whispered lowly to himself, hoping Gon didn't hear him. Unfortunately, Gon's sense of hearing are as sensitive and keen just as his sense of smell. "Huh? What was that, Killua?" He asks obviously, even though he clearly heard what he had said.