『•CHAPTER 12•』 - COOKIES

Prompt: ‘Person A is baking cookies and has to split their attention between watching the timer and fighting off Person B, who keeps trying to steal cookie dough from the bowl.’

—·—

"Okay, now how are you supposed to do this?" Was Gon's question as he had the scooper in his hand. The cookie dough was sitting to the side in a bowl, and the oven was more than ready to bake them.

"Oh, now I see!" Gon exclaimed as he put the cooking gadget into the dough, scooping up a little amount and placing it on the baking sheet. He did that with a lot more until the sheet was full of cookie dough rolls. He placed them in the oven and set the timer.

It shouldn't take long.

Gon hummed, "You know what? I should make another batch! I'm pretty sure Killua would eat the first batch in a second, so might as well cook some more, just incase."

Gon fiddled around in the cupboard for another pan and baking sheet. Once finding what he needed, he placed them on the counter. He was about to scoop up one cookie until he heard "Gon, what are you doing?"

Gon looked up to see Killua standing in the doorway of the kitchen, a confused expression on his face that he chuckled at. He continued with his objective, "I'm baking cookies Killua!"

Killua crossed his arms and walked towards Gon. "And what kind of cookies are we talking about?"

"Chocolate chip cookies."

Gon knew chocolate chip was Killua's favorite kind (since it had chocolate in it, obviously) and it was basically the kind of cookie anyone can bake. Gon was about to scoop another cookie but stopped once the bowl was pulled away from him. His eyes widened once he saw Killua stick a finger in and put it in his mouth.

"Hmmm...you're right, it is chocolate chip."

Killua was about to get another bite when Gon pulled the bowl back to him, a glare coming onto his face. "Hey! I was eating that!" He exclaimed.

"Killua, I don't think you should be eating it." Gon said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"And why is that?" Killua raised an eyebrow.

"Because! It's raw! And I'm pretty sure you can get sick."

Killua chuckled in amusement and shook his head. "Gon, do you know how many people eat cookie dough? Nobody has time to wait for cookies to bake. Plus, I can't get sick, remember?"

Killua reached over to the bowl, "And with that being said, give me the cookie dough." The bowl was taken farther away from him. He glared at Gon once again, seeing a determined expression on his face. "Gon! Give me the cookie dough!"

"No! It doesn't matter whether you can get sick or not, it's still bad for you!" Gon said as he hugged the bowl closer to him. He glanced back at the timer then back at Killua.

"I don't care! Give it to me!" Killua kept trying to grab it, but Gon kept moving it farther away from him, making sure he doesn't have a reach to it.

Gon pouted, "No! Wait until the cookies are done!" He looked back to the timer once again.

He grunted in frustration as Killua kept pulling at him, trying to get the bowl. "Just wait! You only have a few minutes!"

"'Few minutes' my ass! Just let me eat the cookie dough!"

"No!"

This went on for a long time until Gon heard the bell chime, signaling that the cookies are done.

It felt like as if it was all in slow motion.

Gon tossed the bowl up into the air, turning away to go towards the oven. He got the oven mitt and opened the door to smell the fresh scent of cookies. He took them out and place them on the counter.

The plan was to grab the cookie dough in time without letting Killua have a chance at it, like in the movies, but sadly when he turned to get it, he saw Killua eating it.

"What! I thought I would catch it in time!" Gon whined as he saw Killua chowing down on the raw dough.

Killua smirked as he scooped up some with his hand. "Idiot, that only happens in movies." He chuckled before putting it in his mouth, chewing in satisfaction.

Gon pouted even more at that.

"Crap."

--------------------------------

This was not proofed read once so ever, wanted to get it out the way since it was so short('・з・`)but I do hope you liked it! (・ω・*)