『•CHAPTER 7•』 - LOST BUT TOGETHER

Prompt: ‘Imagine your OTP going on a road trip and getting lost in the middle of nowhere so they kinda snuggle up in the backseat and sleep.

—·—

"Okay Gon, which way to turn." Killua said, his eyes focused on the road.

"Umm..turn right onto the highway." Gon answered after looking at the map.

You see, the boys were currently traveling and they needed to book a room in a hotel to rest before night hits. Gon decided to use a map for navigation, while Killua wanted to use a GPS. After arguing and bickering about which one's idea they should use, Killua let Gon go through with his, since he's so stubborn.

"I still can't believe you wanted to use a map. We have technology now Gon. Why use the more complicated way to travel?" Killua said in an annoyed tone.

"Because, using this way helps the brain become more independent when it comes to navigation. Instead of using a wireless, technology-functioning machine, you can use an ancient, resourceful relic that has all the parts of an area already labeled." Gon implied, not once looking up from the map.

Killua snickered, "Yeah, okay."

After a few hours of driving, along with turns upon turns from directions, it was finally nighttime. There were no streetlights and there were trees among trees along the side of the road.

Killua glanced over at Gon, who was still looking at the map, now with the help of the car light. He looked back onto the road while saying "Umm..Gon? Are we almost there? I've been driving for a long time."

Gon nodded. "Yeah, we should-", he cut himself off, squinting his eyes, "Wait."

Killua looked back go him, confusion written on his face. "What do you mean 'wait'?"

Gon didn't answer. He was looking over the map again until he suddenly realized the words looked a little...strange. He flipped the map upside-down and that's when he could understand the words correctly now.

So that means...

Gon looked back at Killua with a sheepish expression. "Killua you're going to laugh when I tell you this." Gon said.

Killua didn't respond back nor face him, he just kept driving.

Gon chuckled pathetically "Ah well, Killua, t-the map has been sort of..t-turned upside-down the whole time, but I was thinking that was the right way..a-and-"

Gon was cut off by the abrupt stop of the car. He looked at Killua to see he had his head down, his bangs covering his eyes.

Gon can feel the anger radiating off of Killua. The quiet atmosphere only increased the tension between them.

Gon cleared his throat. "K-Killua? Are-"

"So, we're lost, basically." Was the sentence that had interrupted him.

Gon started to sweat. That dark, threatening voice made his heart pump faster with anticipation. "Y-Yes..." Gon replied.

It was quiet again. So quiet, that Gon could hear his heartbeat in his ears. It was few moments until they started moving again. The car going onto the side of the road to park, out of the way of the other cars.

Gon was waiting for Killua to do something, anything. But what he wasn't expecting, was Killua saying "I knew that was gonna happen." That statement had caught him so off guard, that his brain took a while to process it.