『•CHAPTER 14•』- A SMOOCH OF THE LIPS

Prompt: "Calm down! I was only trying to kiss you!"

Tags: High School AU, Modern AU, Aged Up to 16

-·-

A pop of a bubble from his gum filled the quietness of the room, sighing as the feeling of boredom began to escapade over its limit. Gon closed his eyes as he titled his head back, slouching in his chair. "Ugghhh this is soo borinngg!" He complained for the 20th time.

Killua scoffed and rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to his book. "You're supposed to be studying, Gon. Don't you have a final exam for Geometry tomorrow?" He questioned, reading the last line of the sentence before turning the page.

Gon lifted his head back up to look at him, "Well yeah! But that doesn't mean that it isn't boring!" He picked up the gigantic math book, turning it around to show Killua the pages full of equations and formulas. "Do you not see this?! There's no way I'm getting through of all this in one day! My brain will rot trying to remember each one!"

I'm surprised your brain hasn't already rotted. Killua thought to himself, still having his eyes on his Chemistry book. "Look, Gon, maybe if you actually tried to pay attention to the equations and formulas, and try to understand them, it wouldn't be so hard now would it?" Killua said, shaking his head. "I mean, I'm not the best at Chemistry, but at least I'm trying my best to understand it. Get it?"

Gon sighed, closing his eyes once more. "Yes, I get it Killua, but math has always been my less favorite subject, and plus, it's like completely useless!" Gon once again gestured towards his study book, "I mean, what in our lifetime, are going to have us solve for x?! We just need to know multiplication, division, subtraction, addiction, and how to count money and count in general! Not the area of an.... an-uh," Gon tries to think of how to pronounce the word, " of an isicolese triangle!"

"Isosceles," Killua corrected with a smirk.

Gon rolled his eyes, "Well however it's pronounced! I'm starting a petition to drop math in all school systems!"

Killua chuckled, shaking his head and he wasn't even sure if he was still paying attention to the words on the page. "You're so ridiculous and overdramatic." He said, flipping onto another page to try and get his attention back to studying. After his rant, Gon let out a deep sigh, before looking around at the tall shelves lined with books of every subject material. How can people spend an entire day at a library? He questions himself, peeking around the corner of one bookshelf to see the librarian busy on her computer. Miss, how can you even stand your job as an librarian?

Gon then turns to look back at his best friend, seeing him succumb in his reading once more. Even though he has never admitted to it, but Gon has a slight (big) crush on his best friend. It was a shock to him when it realized it, and it was even more of a shock when Killua confessed to him that he was, indeed, gay. Gon didn't know what to think of it, whether he was gay or bisexual, seeing as he went on dates with girls of the like, but there wasn't anything different about either one.

It was all the same. Make the girl happy, make sure the girl enjoyed the date, ask the girl out on another date, buy the girl some gifts and blah blah blah, etc, etc. It was just the same old traditional mumbo jumbo, and Gon had grown tired of it. Each time a girl confesses their 'love' to him, he politely rejects them and as bad as he feels doing so, he knew he shouldn't play around with their heart for an unrequited, uninterested date.

Gon props his elbow on the table, his cheek titled into his head, deep in thought.

Maybe he just wasn't meant to have girlfriend or a boyfriend... And certainly was no where near the expectations that Killua possibly had to have someone date him-

"Gon?"

At the mention of his name, Gon looks back up at Killua, who was looking at him with a concerned look. "You okay? You know, I can help you with your Geometry, just let me finish the last page of this unit, okay?" Killua asks him with a small smile, but Gon wasn't listening. His eyes were only locked onto those pink-tinted, full lips of his, fantasizing about kissing them over and over. So much so, that he didn't realize that he was leaning closer to Killua, and that he had swallowed his gum.

Killua's eyes widened, shocked by not being answered to and Gon's sudden movements towards him. "Uhm... Gon?" Nothing, only Gon leaning more towards him, which caused him to want to move back. Initially, that was the plan, until Gon wrapped his arms around him, bringing Killua closer to him.

"G-GON?!" This time, Killua shrieked, putting his hands against his shoulders to try to push him away, but to no avail. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He kept hitting, slapping, and pushing at his shoulders at an attempt to have Gon let him go, but nothing was working.

Gon then became frustrated, growling out, "Calm down! I was only trying to kiss you!"

Killua panted, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "H-Huh?! You want to kiss me?!" He sputtered out. Gon nodded, "Yes, I did! I didn't know you would freak out this much about it!"

"I didn't know what the hell you were doing! What else was I supposed to do?!"

"Let me kiss you!"

Killua groaned deeply, "You're an idiot." He said, before a smile was on his face as he flushed crimson, "But you're an idiot that I will have my first kiss with."

Gon's eyes widened at that, "Wait, YOUR FIRST KI-?!" He was cut off by something soft and plush pressing against his mouth, quickly realizing that this, in fact, was Killua kissing him! That he made the move to kiss him!

Damn it! I wanted to be the first to do that. Gon thought solemnly, before getting over it to kiss Killua back.

For his first kiss, Killua was doing exceptionally well per say. It wasn't perfect, of course, but it was bad either, and Gon found himself to enjoy it. Titling his head so their lips fit more together, it went on from there. They didn't care about how long they were kissing, only that it was sweet, soft, pleasant.

Until, the sound of someone cleaning their throat broke then off, both of them looking to see the librarian looking down at then with a raised eyebrow with her hands on her hips. Gon flushed, a sheepish smile on his face while Killua hid his crimson-flushed face in his chest.

"So uhm... Hi."

(A/N) That librarian ruined everything...

Also, two chapter updates in one day?! :O You're welcome :3 ♡

I just feel motivated and inspired is all! X3

And as always, I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Namaste wuvs! 💘