『•CHAPTER 9•』 - I'M HERE FOR YOU

Prompt: 'Person A and B are sleeping but A wakes up because B is having nightmares, moving around and mumbling. B doesn't know what to do at first but A slowly comes closer to B and hugs them. B calms down then and they both proceed sleeping.'

-·-

The moving of a body next to him woke him up. The mumbling he heard was frantic until it had quieted down to nothing.

Gon sat up, his eyes half closed and his body hunched over over. The moonlight was shining through the closed curtains and the cold air was welcoming for his overheated body.

He turned his head and looked down at Killua. He was turned onto his side with his back facing Gon, body almost curled into a ball with covers bunched up on him. Leaning over slowly, Gon looked at Killua's face. The expression was serene.

Killua must've been sleep talking, probably about chocolate. He doesn't look as if he's having a bad dream, Gon thought as he still looked over Killua.

Even though Killua looked comfortable, he was slightly shaking. Gon figured that it was just because of the cold air.

Gon laid back down and closed his eyes. He didn't feel sleepy anymore. This was his chance to enjoy the peaceful, quiet night and nothing was gonna stop him from doing so. Gon smiled at the thought.

"No...please..."

Gon's eyes shot open once he heard those words. He sat up once more, looking down at Killua. Now Killua was shaking more, his facial expression changed into more of a scared look. The mumbling continued,

"Stop...j-just.." It sounded as if Killua was choking on his own words, stuttering and stopping all over the place.

Killua, what are you dreaming about? Gon thought to himself. The sudden jolt of Killua's body and a silent scream told him the answer. The way his hand gripped the sheets tight enough for it to rip.

He's having a nightmare.

Gon retaliated quickly by reaching over to wake him up, but he stopped. His hand was frozen in mid air. Should I wake him up? What if he doesn't want to be woken up? I..I don't know.., Gon thought, slowly reaching his hand back. Even if I do wake him up, I'm pretty sure he won't tell me about the dream he's having. No matter how many times I'll pressure him about it.

Gon closed his eyes in a sigh. He can't make up his mind, there's too many dead ends to every thought he has.

Why is this so hard?

Gon plopped back down, staring at the ceiling with his arms behind his head. He was still thinking about what to do, until movement took him away from the process. Killua had turned onto his side to face Gon, moving slowly closer to him. Once he was close, he lays his head on Gon's chest and put his arm across him, cuddling closer to him.

"...G-Gon..." Killua said as he smiled in his sleep.

That alone was enough for Gon to blush a little and smile. He then began to calm down, his worriment fading away into contentment. The sleepiness he had before came back as a result of thinking too hard for so long.

Closing his eyes, he wrapped his arm around Killua too, to pull him even closer. His heart raced when he felt Killua nuzzle his face into his chest more.

Before Gon's mind became blank, a few words came into thought and those few words will always be remembered, true, and positive.

I'm here for you

--------------------------------
Chapter 7: complete.
Chapter 8: in progress.