Chap 5

Hey guy’s I’m sorry for the super long wait but I’ve been distracted lately and what not. But here’s an update hope you like. XD

~Caleb~

“why is it that every lone wolf decides to come to this pack for help?” Liam grumbled, while Aiden took a seat next to the boy. After bumping into him I had to kind of sneak him in the house because I couldn’t just leave him out there in the rain now could I but Avery caught me? I watched as the boy’s eyes darted form face to face as our alpha’s, Avery, Dom the beta and Robert Liam’s dad stood in the room. He was scared out of his mind and I wanted to know why. It didn’t really help if he wouldn’t talk to anyone. The only things he has said since he’s been here was the three words he told me.

“Caleb can I talk with you?” I looked up surprised that Avery actually wanted to acknowledge my presence finally.  Frowning I stood but a hand snatched me back. Turning back I saw the boy gripping my wrist with a death grip and his eyes wide in terror. I softened my features for him.

“I’ll be right back I’m just going to be right outside the door.” I reassured him. his large green eyes staring up at me for a long while before nodding. I smiled. “be right back”

Looked back at Avery I walked out with him following me out the door. he shut it quietly behind him. turning on my heel I lent my back against the wall opposite of the room. Avery’s face was calm but I knew he was anything but.

“yes?” I asked. His brown eyes were hard as he glared at me.

“why would you bring some random kid here?” he whispered. My face was blank as I looked at him.

“well technically he brought himself here. He ran into me” I explained. Sighing he crossed his arms, his legs spread as he stood in his intimidating stance which didn’t work on me.

“you could have put Aiden in danger, heck he still could be in danger.” I scolded. Rolling my eyes I pushed off the wall and stood straight.

“how is he dangerous Avery? He’s just a kids, and he’s not even hit puberty yet.” I scoffed. 

“he could be a danger by bringing people here Caleb. Do you ever think? Do you remember that you came here with the same problem” he growled. I stepped up in his face… or the best I could with him being much taller.

“well do you remember that I was being chased by a mad man and needed help.” He nodded not even faze that I was inches from his face.

“yes and I remember that Aiden was kidnapped in the result of it” I shook my head at his stubbornness.

“he’s only a kid Avery and I know what being on the run feels like and if there is a way to help him then I want to do just that.” I said firmly. I glared up at him barley noticing the faraway look crossing his face. My glare turned to a frown. 

“well it’s not up to you to make that decision Caleb. That belongs to your alpha’s and it needs to be respected.” I rolled my eyes. here we go with his ‘oh so righteous’ speech.