Chap 10

~Caleb~

Blood.

Blood was everywhere soaking the ground; their screams filled my ears making them ring terribly. As I watched I saw my best friend Garrett attacked; the huge wolf jumped on his back and his teeth sunk into Garrett neck. Dark red blood poured from his wound as he sunk to the ground; I could hear his cries die in his throat as he followed. I clamped my hands over my mouth, just earlier today we were playing video games and having a soda drinking contest to see who could burp the most. Now his fifteen year old lifeless body lay there, his empty dark eyes staring straight at me.

I listened to the heart wrenching roar as his father came rushing to his sons side. I could feel the pain and agony from my window emitting from the grieving father before he became rabid taking as many wolves till he was killed off too.

Why were they doing this? Why were the friendly wolves of the Redwood Pack attacking us, why was my uncle killing my friends and family? Robin was weeping next to me as I covered her face in my chest. I refused for her to see the damage that our suppose uncle was doing. A body was thrown at our window producing a loud bang causing us both to jump and Robin to scream. Right then I looked up to see red crazed eyes staring back at me with such hatred.

Zackary.

*****

“Ahhhh” I shot up sitting in bed, sweat pouring from my face and tears streaming down my eyes. Why do I keep having this damn nightmare? He was dead so why was he still haunting me! My chest was heaving rapidly as I tried to calm down but wasn’t working. Throwing the covers off my legs and got out walking to the door and into the hallway. I didn’t know where I was going I just went, before I knew it I was at Avery’s door. Taking a deep breath I turned the knob slowly and slipped in as quietly as possible closing the door softly behind me.

Avery was lying in bed, the covers bunched at his waist. He was on his back, one arm over his stomach and the other resting across the other side of the bed. He looked so peaceful and inviting so I tiptoes to the empty side of his bed and climbed in. I really hope he doesn’t get angry at me for this, but I just needed something to take the torment of that night away, far away. Settling down I placed my head on his arm using it as a pillow and pressed my body up against his side soaking up his warmth and natural earthy scent.

‘take them away’ I thought quietly to him and fell back into a grateful dreamless sleep.

I woke to movement below me; opening my eyes wincing at the light streaming through the curtains. I groaned burying my face further in my warm pillow when I realized it was really hard.

“Caleb what are you doing in here” Avery’s soft voice caused me to jump to look at him. His brown eyes were watching me questionably. His hair was disheveled from sleeping and sticking up at all ends, it was adorable. He didn’t look mad that I was in his bed and that made me relax a bit.

“I-I” I stammered. Should I tell him about my nightmares I suffer from every other night? that last night was too much for me to take alone and I snuck in here so I wouldn’t be alone? Sighing I averted my eyes I looked at his sculpted chest.