Chap 9

Avery on the side------------>

~Caleb~

He never got to answer me because there was a knock at the door causing Avery to shot to his feet.

"you're not allowed to lock the bathroom door, sorry but I'm going have to asked you to come out now" a voice called on the other side. Sighing I stood up looking over to Avery who was unlocking the door and brush past the man who was going to say something. The guy turned towards me so say something but I didn't stay to listen. My heart was beating loudly and hard in my chest. I had opened up to him leaving myself vulnerable for the first time to anyone. He had the upper hand now; to crush me to pieces or drop down some of those wall and give into me.

It was all a waiting game now and I couldn't take it, I was too impatient for it but I would let him because that's how much I had fallen. Avery was back in his seat refusing to look me in the eye and it hurt.

"Caleb?!" I heard Robin call me but I ignored her and stomped out into the streets and power walk down the sidewalk heading for the wood that was a few blocks away. Once I hit the tree lines I shred my clothes as I shifted. It had been way to long since I had let my wolf run free. The woods still scared me but right now I didn't care I needed fresh air.

My paws pounded the forest floor as I ran my heart out. I still can't believe that I left myself open to him like that. I didn't know that I was in love with him till the words just flew from my lips. Trees blurred by me and my breath leaving fog in the air. When did it get so cold?

What if he didn't agree to be with me? I whined as I could already feel the humiliation and pain of his rejection. I know he wasn't my mate but that didn't stop me from wanting him like one. So what if I didn't have the connection like everyone else describes; the sparks and undying love for each other but who said that two unmated wolves couldn't learn to feel that way. If Avery would let himself, I had a feeling he would love hard and be just as protective and loving as the next mated were. He was still a wolf with the same traits as one.

By nature weres are possessive and protective of what's ours and we'd be damned to let someone take something of ours without a fight and that's how I felt. I had this possessiveness streak when it came to Avery I just hoped it was the same for him about me.

'UGH' I sound like a love sick puppy. Growling I pushed my legs harder running out all my frustrations.

I was in love with Avery Chandler.

My ears perked up at the sound of another set of paws behind me, my hackles rose as the familiar sensation of fear at being chased locked in my muscles and I ran faster. Flashbacks of rouges came back to me when me and Robin were on the run and my wolf took over switching to survival mode. Taking a sharp left a ran along a stream panting as my lungs felt like that were going to burst but the wolf behind me was picking up speed till I felt the snap of their teeth on my tail; yelping in surprise as I was tackled to the floor with the large wolf on top of my back.

I struggled growling and whining trying to get them off but to no avail.

'STOP!' Avery's voice commanded caused me to freeze instantly. Again this heavy aura surrounded him like the time in the woods making me whither beneath him. Slowly, I rolled on my back to look up at him showing my belly in submission. There was no use trying to fight him off, he was too big for me to do anything. I watched as the white cloud coming from his mouth and nose as he huffed from the chase.