Andante Part One

(Some quite suggestive language. I have no self control lol oops.)

Lance wasn't entirely sure what had happened.

One minute, they had been laid watching a triple sunset from the comfort of the castle's bridge, the next Pidge was pushing him back onto her bed, her lips pressed heavily against Lance's, as her tongue teased his.

Now, Pidge was curled up in the crook of Lance's arm, his right hand caressing her bare shoulder. An odd silence had fallen over them, their breathing echoing in Pidge's dimly lit room.

"Well that was..." Lance's words failed him, unable to form the rest of his sentence. Pidge raised herself on one elbow to scan his face, a deep red hue falling over her own.

"Interesting?" A questioning smile crossed Pidge's face. She looked almost unassured. Lance coughed lightly, not removing his gaze from the fairy lights that adorned her walls.

"I was gonna say good, but interesting works too I guess," he chuckled. Pidge settled back into Lance's arm, her cheek pressed against his bare chest.

Painful butterflies in her stomach bristled at her lungs, convulsing her exhales as she looked up at Lance. With each of his breaths that rippled across her cheeks, Pidge thought of what they had done.

So much for just a little crush.

Tentatively, Pidge traced a single finger from Lance's collar bone down to his stomach. His tan skin was like velvet, comforting and warm.

Did he have to be so damn perfect?

Lance's hand fell over Pidge's shoulder, still brushing lightly against her skin. Pidge met this by reaching up and lacing their fingers together.

"So," he said hesitantly, observing as Pidge stared at their intertwined fingers with the same amount of adoration she would show to an Olkari computer. "I take it our friendship is ruined,"

Pidge barely removed her gaze from their fingers to cast him a sideways glace, half smiling at his look of concern.

"I guess so." She chuckled, resting her head further onto his chest. "You're not complaining are you?" Pidge questioned, turning her head to look him in the eye. Lance's other hand shot up in surrender, a wide smirk pulling on his jaw.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Pigeon." Lance chuckled to himself. Lance's eyes fell upon Pidge. Her mop of unruly hair, her pale freckled skin, her puffy lips and the way her fingers danced across his chest. Lance felt his breathing become uneven, as he steadily became overwhelmed.

She was quite a spectacle.

"Good," Pidge smiled into Lance's chest. Her lips were just as soft as they had been when they were pressed into his neck, the only echo of her presence being the tiny bruises that littered his collar bone.

A heat rose on Lance's cheeks as his eyes grazed the floor, his clothes located in a jumbled pile on the ground.

How the quiznack did this happen.

Frowning, Lance retreated into his thoughts. Many a time he had suspected Pidge disliked him. All of her constant teasing, her irritation every time he came in to contact with another woman or made a bad joke. Even the way she acted around him in the Galaxy Garrison. She was sarcastic, distant, irritable. Obviously since they had become paladins she had warmed to him, and they'd become reasonably good friends.

But now they were in bed together and she didn't even seem phased by it. Was he mad?!

She'd never paid any attention to him before, she rarely took anything he said seriously. Why would she-

Lance's reverie was interrupted by Pidge clambering over him to reach her bedside table. Her stomach barely skimmed against his as she fumbled for her glasses. They had been the only item of clothing she had insisted on him being careful with. As she slipped them over her nose, Lance felt a blush spreading further across his face as he became increasingly flustered.

Damn it, Pidge.

"What was that?" Pidge cast a glance over her shoulder at Lance, before sitting cross legged by his side. It took him a tick to realise he had, in fact, said it out loud. Lance watched studiously as Pidge pulled the blanket back over herself, only to be met by a sharp cough in his direction.

Lance sat up straight, teasing the edge of the blanket between his fingers, trying to compose himself by staring down at the floor.

With little success.

"I just said what do you want to do now?" Lance lied, swallowing the lump at the back of his throat.

Pidge fiddled with her glasses as she thought to herself, her eyes narrowing somewhat.

"Well there's several things we could do," she said confidently. "We could play Killbot phantasm again... but you suck at it," Lance shot upwards in protest as Pidge flashed him a wicked grin.

"Do not," Lance huffed, folding his arms. Pidge laughed lightly to herself. She always did have a soft spot for his pouting face. Well... that was evident enough as it was what got her here in the first place.

"We could help Hunk?" Pidge continued, tilting her head to look at the blue paladin. Lance shook his head nonchalantly, his brows knitting together.

"Nope... He's banned me from the kitchen after I tried to make a pizza."

Pidge rubbed her fingers against her bottom lip, tapping her thumb lightly against her jaw.

"We could explore the planet a bit more? I mean, we may have to wait an hour for the first sun to rise but..."

Lance pondered for a moment.

"Sure,"

Pidge grinned from ear to ear, her cheeks glowing red.

"Okay, I found this really cool forest to the North yesterday, the trees are all black and-"

Pidge shuffled off the bed as she continued to speak, the bed creaking under the change in weight. She had a thousand thoughts running through her mind, and a thousand butterflies in her stomach. Did this count as a first date? Did he really want to spend time with her? Was it going to be awkward?

As she got to her feet, Pidge could feel Lance's blue eyes burning on her skin.

And she enjoyed it.

Lance gawped in fascination as Pidge slipped into her clothes so quickly, it almost mimicked a magic trick he'd seen as a kid. He shifted across to the edge of bed, picking up his shirt. He was just about pull it over his head when he hesitated, a hint of a smile breaking on his lips.

"Hey Pidge,"

"Yeah?" Her head whipped around to see Lance crawling back onto her bed, his eyes fixed upon her wall.

"Is that a picture of a sunset?"