Deserts and Rivers. Part One

(To celebrate the up coming release of season 8, I'm posting a short Plance story that I wrote following directly on from season 7! I hope you all enjoy it! I'll see you on the other side fellow gardeners!)

It was Monday morning and Lance was as high as a kite.

Since they had defeated Sendak, they had been living happily in large quarters within the Garrison. He'd seen his family every day, his skin was smooth, and the princess was finally starting to give him the attention he deserved.

Everything was good.

On that particular Monday, Lance waltzed into the large living area that he shared with the other Paladins, perfectly oblivious of Pidge sat using her laptop in the corner. Her glasses were hanging further down her nose than usual, and she was clothed in a large pyjama top and shorts.

It would be right to assume she had just clambered out of bed.

Lance hummed to himself as he slouched on the sofa, flicking through several TV programmes in the process of sitting down.

"You seem more cheery than usual," Pidge piped up from the corner, peering over the top of her glasses at the blue paladin.

She watched intently as Lance swung his head in her direction, attempting to hide the fact she'd startled him.

"It's a nice day Pidge. Why wouldn't I be cheery?" Lance sighed nonchalantly. Pidge rolled her eyes, them focussing back onto her laptop screen. The bright image of the Sonoran desert that served as her desktop was reflected perfectly in her glasses.

"That's hardly an excuse Lance. What's got you in this mood?" Pidge pressed, opening up her image files put of boredom.

Lance threw the remote down onto the sofa, lazily getting to his feet. Blowing a sigh through his nose, he then proceeded to walk over to the wall length widow that sat parallel to the sofa.

Leaning his arm up against the window, Lance's cheeks burned furiously, his mind occupied with more thoughts of Allura.

Pidge narrowed her eyes. As Lance stretched, his t-shirt lifted, allowing her gaze to fall upon the small of his back.

Pidge sat back in her chair, her mouth falling loose, whilst her mind was filled with terribly attractive visions of her removing Lance's shirt. The tips of her ears flushed, withdrawing Pidge from her obscenely biological thoughts.

She'd been ever increasingly drawn to him in this way, especially since their experience in deep space.

What she wouldn't give to hold his hand like she had then, clinging to him with such force that his touch sent electric pulses racing down her aching bones.

She'd had a crush on Lance for around a year now, and had successfully kept it to herself, although she was pretty certain Hunk was suspicious.

But this was one of the first few times her thoughts had turned into... urges.

Pidge blew her fringe from her face, shuddering.

The way his body slouched against the window drew more thoughts into her mind. Thoughts of Lance pulling at the thread that held her together, only for her to come undone in his arms.

Her vivid images were so loud they drowned out Lance's next words, forcing Pidge to start paying attention to him again.

'W-what was that?' Pidge stuttered for a moment before pulling herself together.

Lance spared her a glance over his shoulder, the view from the window sitting gently in his eyes.

"I said I might actually have a chance." Lance smiled to himself, turning his body to face Pidge. Clicking away on her laptop, Pidge barely looked up as the words left her lips.