When Lance met Katie (AU??)

(Hey guys! So I made a post on tumblr about how the plot of When Harry met Sally is basically how I'd see post s8 Plance going down. Aka: Friends keep on running into one another, become best friends and fall in love, ruining their friendship before a happy ending ((I LOVE IT)) So I was sooooper weak and had to write a small snippet fic of my favourite part of the movie with Harry and Sally being Lance and Pidge. I hope you enjoy it, and who knows, I may write more!)

*Let us begin*

Pidge pulled several more tissues from the box, snivelling miserably as she looked across at Lance. "All this time I've been saying that he didn't wanna get married, but the truth is," she swallowed hard, inhaling sharply before finishing her sentence. "He didn't wanna marry me."

Lance winced at her words, watching as she dusted a few loose tears from her cheeks. Silver trails glistened down her face, dragging mascara underneath her eyes. She was a pitiful sight... and yet he couldn't stop looking at her.

"He didn't love me." Pidge said softly, soon beginning to weep once more. Lance ran his hand up and down her back in a soothing motion, ducking his head to look her in the eye.

"If you could take him back right now, would you?"

Pidge blinked several times, before her face scrunched up into a grimace. "No!" She stared hard across at Lance, searching his face for the answer to a question she hadn't even asked yet. "But why didn't he want to marry me?" With a cry she flung herself back onto the bed, lungs heaving as she wept. "What's the matter with me?"

Lance sighed, laying down beside the distraught woman and stroking her hair as gently as he could. "Nothing..."

"I'm difficult." Pidge's voice broke in her throat. Lance smirked at her,

"You're challenging." His own voice was barely more than a whisper. Pidge scowelled in defiance.

"I'm too structured. I'm completely closed off." A hiccup left her mouth as her sentence finished. Lance shrugged his shoulders, eyebrows raising somewhat.

"But in a good way." He couldn't fight the smile on his lips. Pidge snivelled again before sitting back up,

"No, no, no, I drove him away." Her hands were making nonsensical gestures, some of which made Lance's brow wrinkle. "And I'm gonna be 40!"
Lance shook his head. "When?"

"Someday,"

Lance heard himself laugh, "In eight years!"

Pidge's eyes widened, her hands palming at her cheeks to prevent the escape of any more tears. "But it's there! It's just sitting there like some big dead end." Her finger poked into Lance's chest a little bit too hard, "and it's not the same for men. Charlie Chaplin had babies when he was 73."

The smirk reformed on Lance's lips, his shoulders shrugging for the second time. "Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up."

Pidge began to quietly chuckle to herself, but it was short lived as her chuckle soon turned back into tears rolling down her cheeks. Lance winced, outstretching his arm and pulling her body into his chest.

"Oh, come here. Come here." Pidge burried her face into his jumper as he spoke. "It's gonna be okay." Lance gaze wandered down to Pidge's puffy eyes and reddened nose, a heat blooming in his cheeks. "It's gonna be fine. You'll see."

Pidge whimpered into his chest, tears mixing with the material. Her small hands clung tightly to his collar as he rocked her. His head was swimming, but his mind soon became grounded by the sound of an almighty sniveland the blowing of a nose. Lance chuckled to himself, now feeling the blush spread right to the tip of his ears.

"Go ahead. It's not one of my favourites anyway."

He sat rocking her for a several more minutes, repeatedly reminding Pidge that she was going to be okay. A few deep inhalations later, and Pidge had finally stopped crying. The only remnants of her tears were the streaks of black make up running down her cheeks to gather under her chin. A sincere smile cracked on Lance's lips, before he planted a single kiss just short of her mouth. "I'll make some tea."

As he turned to get to his feet, he felt Pidge's hands grasp at his shoulders, turning him to face her again. "Lance, could you just hold me a little longer?"

"Oh sure." Lance agreed, wrapping his arms around Pidge's waist. Her own arms had snaked their way around Lance's neck, her face pressed into his shoulder as she fought back more tears. He both heard and felt Pidge's deep sigh, her breath tickling the inside of his ear. With her exhalation safely out of her lungs, Pidge began to draw away from the embrace. A painful smile resided on her face, which now sat Dangerously close to Lance's.

The man still kept his grin, hand now brushing the loose hair from Pidge's eyes. There was a slight unsteadiness to his movements, but he ignored it. He leant in to kiss her in the cheeks, but fell short of his mark and planted a single kiss on Pidge's swollen lips. He held it just a little too long, surprised when Pidge herself didn't pull away immediately. His breath hitched at the back of his throat as he sat back, eyes meeting Pidge's.

The biggest surprise though came as Pidge went in for another kiss, his brows arching significantly higher than he had ever known them to before.

The sensation was new, and he couldn't quite bring himself to close his eyes. It was almost as if he didn't believe it was happening. Her lips were soft and damp, still stained with a salty taste from her tears.

But he didn't care.

He was kissing Pidge.