THIRTY

SONG: NORMANI KORDEI - LOVE LIES

_____________________________________________

"How do you feel when you look at the quadruplets, what's your first thought?" The therapist asked Miracle.

"I feel drained but my first thought is that I love them." Miracle replied staring off into space.

"Same for Kehlani."

"I feel happy when I look at Kehlani, but my first thought is disappointment."

"And why disappointment?"

"Because I feel like I'm not trying hard enough. I could do better." Miracle said crying.

The therapist grabbed a couple of tissues before sitting next to her. She placed her arm over Miracle shoulder and began to comfort her.

"You have two arms, two legs, ten finger and toes, and one brain, but yet you still manage to take care of five kids by yourself. You need to stop doubting your credibility Miracle because you're doing more than a great job. You manage to cloth them, feed them, and keep all five children out of harms way all by yourself. You need to realize time gets rough, and if you're aiming for everything to be perfect then sorry to burst your bubble because it's not. If you're trying to raise them in a perfect environment so they don't turn out like Bradley then you need to go about things different." She said.

"H-how did you know?" Miracle asked in shock.

"It's the way you talk about him Miracle. You see in some shape and form that it was your fault, and in some way— even though you don't want to, you blame the reason Bradley turned out like that because of the way your mother raised you guys. Now, you want to ensure that they don't turn out like him by putting every blood, sweat, and tears into raising them, and you got so caught up that you didn't even think about your well being." She said.

"Damn, your good." Miracle said chuckling as she wiped her tears.

"Kehlani at the age that she notice things, even if she doesn't understand what's going on, she's aware. She's aware of the constant crying of the babies, or when all my attention is on them and not her, I just feel like I'm disappointing her as a mother, and I'm not working hard enough to give her the attention she needs."