19

--✾--

--✾--

"seungmin, this is sanha. a friend of yours." his grandma answers the boy making him look confused. " I know it's confusing right now, but I'll explain everything."

"of course it's confusing, I don't even know her."

"do you want something to eat? you must be hungry." the lady walks off the living into the kitchen without even getting a response.

the room is filled with an uncomfortable silence. she could only look at the carpet on the floor.

"sanha, right?" the other guy in the room talks and she nods. "I'm kim wonpil. seungmin's cousin." he holds out his hand.

"nice to meet you, wonpil." she takes his hand and gives him a handshake.

"I'm back." a tray with cookies and cake is placed in front of her on the coffee table. " I hope you like it." she smiles. "seungmin, sweetie. why don't you sit down here next to sanha." the woman smiles at her grandson as she sits on an armchair next to the couch.

"can you please explain it?" the boy talks while sitting down. his grandma's smile suddenly falls and she sighs.

"yes." she looks down for a second. "well, you already know about the accident, right?" she looks up to him and he nods. "after that, your mother sent you here, but also now that... remember what did your mother said to you when you left the hospital?"

"yes, she told me I needed a new start. new life and new friends because the ones I had were toxic as they would always make me feel bad and were the cause of what happened to me. it was better for me to be here and move on with my life."

sanha was speechless. how can her mother lie to her son, like that?

"well, that's not entirely true. it was not your friends' fault, they don't even know what happened to you or where you are. your mother told me she was going to let them know what had succeeded and now I know she didn't." she looks over to sanha who hasn't been able to shift her gaze from the carpet. " I know something happened in that night that made you upset but I don't know what."

"so, you're telling me that my mother lied to me?"

"yes minnie, she did."

--✾--

edited