Chapter 37

OLIVIA'S POV

I'm pouring boiling water into a tea cup when I hear the front door open and I know just by the rhythm of his walk that it's Harry who is now standing behind me in the kitchen.

I turn around slowly, glancing at him only briefly before looking down into my cup, knowing my face is worn with hours of crying and I don't want to upset him more than he already is.

"I saw," I murmur in relation to our wedding photos being the latest source of entertainment and gossip.

Everything from my makeup to the way Harry and I looked at each other were being debated, over-analysed and torn apart.

From the majority of comments I've read, I not only looked 'like trash' and 'worse than plain' compared to my new husband, but the whole thing was also staged by a publicist as he CLEARLY wasn't in love with me due to our body language in a couple of photos where he is looking away from me.

I'm not a confident person, I never have been, and call me insecure or weak or whatever the fuck else, but this betrayal of our privacy has me trapped in a living nightmare.

It has me questioning everything I have always feared most about being with Harry and the constant feedback is breeding these ideas and feeding my biggest demons.

"You looked perfect, you are perfect. No one could ever love anyone more than I love you." He reassures me in one breath before I even get a chance to voice any of my negative thoughts.

His voice is croaky and hushed, has he been crying too?

"Olivia," he breathes and I sigh in anticipation for the next blow, trying to rack my brain to think of what else these people have gotten their hands on and laying out for the world to see.

"What now?" I question, exhausted from all of this.

His fingers are trembling as he plays nervously with his rings and my brows crease as I try to study his face but he won't look at me.

"You don't deserve this," he says quietly, fixated on his hands.

"Neither do you," I retort quickly and he sniffs a little before looking at me, his eyes bloodshot and his face worn with guilt.

My heart slams into my chest and I feel like I can't breathe as I watch his lips carefully as if I couldn't possibly be reading this correctly.

"Harry," I exhale in disbelief, time stopping as I wait for what I know is coming.

"I love you too much to keep putting you through this," he repeats his sentiment again, cowardly dancing around what he actually wants to say, so I do it for him.

"You're leaving me?" I whisper and blood rushes through my ears when I see him nod ever so slightly.

I feel like I'm in a dream, the world slowing down and my body struggling to keep upright as my heart seems to thump too violently in my chest.

"You're too good for this." His stare is puncturing my soul as the tears build up in both our eyes, regret and defeat, present on the face looking back at me.

"Don't do this to me," I choke out and only then do I realise how heavily the tears are falling.

"You deserve better," he croaks and the fact he has surrendered to the hate has my anger and frustration of the past week, past month, past year, boiling up and tipping over the edge.

"That's my choice, Harry!" I yell back, slamming my cup down and my voice echoing off the walls.

My heart stops and I feel like I might pass out when he shakes his head and whispers almost inaudibly, "I'm making it for you."

A/N:

THE GIF WE ALL DREAD!

short one today cause i wanted to get an update to you as quick as possible!

Oh, Harry.

Comment, vote, send me love (or anger!!)

Love Ruby

x